Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #11
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Let your body rest between babies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I was told it is best to wait 6 months after you have a baby OR 6 months after you stop breastfeeding. The reason given by OB was to replenish your calcium. Its a good idea to take a supplement if you are breastfeeding and continue to take them. My OB recommended taking prenatal vitamins if you plan to get pregnant at any point in the future.
I think it's best to discuss with your doctor who knows your medical history what the best spacing would be if you have any concerns for your health. Different doctors have different recommendations. But taking a prenatal and extra calcium probably couldn't hurt.
This.

My OB told me after my last babe to keep taking my prenatal vitamin while I breastfed then just continue to take it if I get pregnant or we start trying. Because she new we would probably start trying within a year after having DS.

Advertisement

kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #12
jfish530
Registered Users
seller

Thanks all for your input! I don't think we'll start trying anytime soon but sounds like a calcium supplement wouldn't hurt! I never stopped taking prenatals so I'll just keep that up.
jfish530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:05 AM   #13
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

I got pregnant with my 6th when my 5th was only 4 months old and that pregnancy was very hard. Having that second pregnancy right on top of the other wiped me out, the exhaustion went bone deep and was not cured with more rest. It was debilitating when you have other kids to take care of.

I was worried about the impact on my health, so I was reading up on the risks and there wasn't much risk to me, but there was an increased risk of autism for the baby due to the mother's body not given enough time to restore itself. So far, my youngest shows no early signs of autism or any other delays.

I really like being able to enjoy the baby phase and give focused attention to one baby at a time during those ultra needy 2-3 years. After 3 years old, they are more independent and are less needy, not to mention potty trained!

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:33 PM   #14
jfish530
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernbelle View Post
I got pregnant with my 6th when my 5th was only 4 months old and that pregnancy was very hard. Having that second pregnancy right on top of the other wiped me out, the exhaustion went bone deep and was not cured with more rest. It was debilitating when you have other kids to take care of.

I was worried about the impact on my health, so I was reading up on the risks and there wasn't much risk to me, but there was an increased risk of autism for the baby due to the mother's body not given enough time to restore itself. So far, my youngest shows no early signs of autism or any other delays.

I really like being able to enjoy the baby phase and give focused attention to one baby at a time during those ultra needy 2-3 years. After 3 years old, they are more independent and are less needy, not to mention potty trained!
Thanks for your input! My first pregnancy was pretty easy and I'm lucky to have a very chill 1st baby, but I agree I should wait and enjoy her right now. :-)
jfish530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:04 PM   #15
Rachylanne
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had this same question. Im 33 and just had my first. Id like more than 2 and my doctor said that we do not live in a third world country so he is not overly worried about nutritional issues unless I had like 6 babies in 6 years. He said its ok to go ahead and try whenever, just to stay on prenatal vitamins while trying to be sure I have that supplement. I also have PCOS which makes it lots harder to get prego so I wanted to take advantage of this time to work it out if I can. First month of meds down, no go. ON to month 2. My baby is almost 6 months old and we have not been on birth control since she was born. Started meds to try at 5 months since it didnt happen naturally.
Rachylanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #16
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachylanne View Post
I had this same question. Im 33 and just had my first. Id like more than 2 and my doctor said that we do not live in a third world country so he is not overly worried about nutritional issues unless I had like 6 babies in 6 years. He said its ok to go ahead and try whenever, just to stay on prenatal vitamins while trying to be sure I have that supplement. I also have PCOS which makes it lots harder to get prego so I wanted to take advantage of this time to work it out if I can. First month of meds down, no go. ON to month 2. My baby is almost 6 months old and we have not been on birth control since she was born. Started meds to try at 5 months since it didnt happen naturally.
Check out gluten free for PCOS
Old 01-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #17
Kitler
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have the science to back it up, only prsonal experience and common sense, but I think waiting a (little) bit can be good. Your baby may be great now (still 6 months later, I hope!), but there are many stages to baby-rearing, some more physically, hormonally, emotionally stressful than others. If I had taken a longer time between mine I might not have serious back issues now. Or intermittent depression. Mine are 2.5, and 2 years apart, so decently spaced out, but my body didn't heal well after #1 and I should have waited longer after quitting nursing before getting pregnant to strengthen, sleep, and prepare. Everyone is different so really, really take some time out to decide whether you are ready and whether you feel like you will be going back into the "blur" of infanthood and be missing out on the toddlerhood of the elder child. I will say, close in age is lovely but it's a lot of factors all together. Whatever you decide (or decided) I wish you the best!
Kitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:49 PM   #18
mabbyjay
Registered Users
seller

I had three babies in 3 years and it was exhausting! it IS exhausting. my youngest is 2 months now. I talked to my doctors about this vert same question. its has a lot to do with hormones. it takes your body around a full year to level out your hormones which effects nearly everything in your body. and it just good to let your abdominal muscles rest and your uterus and vagina heal. I am living proof its possible but its been really hard on my, I have either been pregnant, lactating to both for 4 years and I feel used up!
mabbyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #19
Lindobebe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got preggy with my scound child when my first was just four months old. I was very upset at the time but would not change it if I could as they are the best of friends but it did wear me out. I nursed my first till he turned two so all through the pregancy and then both of them for a year and then kept nursing my daughter till she was two years and four months. I am now expecting our 3rd baby due in Sept my son had the same due date so he should be four by then and my daughter will be three in Oct she is so excited about the baby. Most all my teeth had to get fillings since I lost so much calcium to my kids. So yes it does do a number on your body and you need to keep taking vitamins and calcium at least till you stop nursing