Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #31
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: vaccine?! yes/no-how to decide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermanswife View Post
Anyway, most of you just gave the facts without sounding like you would like to kill me in the process.

FW

sorry if I was harsh at all, I try to stay out of these threads b/c other posts (never the original) sometimes ruffle my feathers. I used to be so much calmer about it.

as for your Dr, they are taught it in school and get paid to give vaccines and get better drug reps and more free samples and bigger perks the more kids they vax. If you didn't believe in conspiracy before researching vaccines and their marketing (mostly the marketing) is enough to make you start believing! But thats a thread unto itself.

Thanks for being willing to look into this for your families sake. Good luck as you discover new truths and make the best decision you can WHATEVER CHOICE THAT MAY BE.

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #32
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
Oh, and I also wanted to add, that IMO, you will never get rid of disease. You can't beat mother nature, she wins every dang time! Sure, go ahead and try to get rid of CP, it's just going to come back and bite you in the azz when you're an adult and make it 10x worse. When you take away one disease, it's only going to find a way around it, much like bacteria did for abx.
I had the CP before I was the age of 1 then I *think* that I had the CP vax before I went into grade school.
WELL... I ended up getting them when I was 17 and OMG was it the worst thing ever. I think that the pain from that is worse than the pain of labor.
I had them in my eyes, mouth, nose, ears, scalp, on my hooha, between my toes, butt crack etc. It was HORRID.

Its 10x worse tahn getting them as a child.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #33
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianamom*2 View Post
I had the CP before I was the age of 1 then I *think* that I had the CP vax before I went into grade school.

if you had the CP already, why get vaxed?
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #34
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryn76 View Post
Actually, this is untrue (although a common misconception, so you're definitely not the only one who thinks this ). The diseases that we vaccinate for were declining steadily before the introduction of vaccines. And in a few cases (polio, being one), vaccines are the only reason the diseases continued to occur.

Unvaccinated children aren't regularly carrying around the diseases, while vaccinated children are. If an unvaccinated child catches a "VPD" (hate calling it that because I don't believe it's true) in nearly ALL cases they'll gain lifelong immunity, and therefore, that's that- there's no passing it around. Vaccines however aren't guarunteed to provide that, if at all, and combined with the few vax's that "shed", really, it's almost the opposite. While vaccinated chilred aren't "coasting on the backs" of unvaccinated children, many times they are actually much more likely to spread the diseases (FROM vaccinations) anyway.
That is very well put. Thank you.

I have not and do not intend to ever vax my kids. I was bullied into giving DD2 the VitK shot and she ended up with Jaudice (sp). I feel ssooo guilty that I was not able to stand up to the doctor and say no.
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #35
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madolyn View Post
That was like 19yrs ago ! And supposedly if you get CP before the age of 1 then you can get it again. Thats what my mom was told.

But I know I got it either way when I was 17 !!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #36
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madolyn View Post
Because doctors tell you you need to be anyway. The same thing happened to a friend of ours. "Well, even if she's had CP, go ahead and get the vaccine jic." JIC what?

To another poster....
Sorry to be so in your face, but when someone thinks I take this decision lightly and implies that I am doing a great disservice to my child and those around me, yes, I'm going to get a little ryled up. I stated facts. Check them out. And yes, money is a massive issue. Take away vaccines and you're take beyond billions of dollars away from them. Billions. That's not really easy to say goodbye to is it? I would dare to bet many of the parents that work at vaccine corps do not vaccinate. I know of two, at least! Well, one isn't directly involved in vaccinations, but a sub of that somehow. Both say they would NEVER inject their child with that kind of toxic substance. As far as trusting doctor's goes, you've got to remember, everything is passed down. The pro-vaccine movement as well. They don't question it, they are not told the risks. They are told that there is no way that vaccine could cause/trigger autism, there is no way that the DTaP shot could be linked to SIDS, etc. All you have to do is look up the VEARS reports to see that DTaP is linked to SIDS. Thousands of deaths within 48 hours of the shot? Yeah, coincidence, I'm sure! And the VEARS are suppose to be grossly under reported, something like 10 percent are reported. Leave 90% unreported. Meaning, for every 1 child who died of "SIDS" possibly from the DTaP, all of a sudden it's 10. Putting 1000 deaths all of a sudden up to 10,000. Not such a small issue anymore is it?

As I said, as long as someone actually did research, NOT just go over all the pro or anti vaccine literature, then I'm happy. An informed decision, whether it's the same as mine or not, is better than an uninformed decision.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #37
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Take away vaccines and you're take beyond billions of dollars away from them. Billions.
I'm willing to bet trillions, or close to it

ISO: GMD workhorse fitteds, Lil Joey, thirsties or similar quality girly newborn AIO, swaddelbees simplex, thirsties duo covers
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:28 PM   #38
BabyNick#2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn5388 View Post
AMEN SISTA!!

. if anything I wanna keep my child AWAY From Vaccinated children.
well, thats nice.

I am intersted to hear why Dr's and Pharm. Reps would vaccinate their own kids if they are in on the conspiracy?

(my husband is a doctor and my sister is a pharm. rep. I just would like to hear what others think)

Last edited by BabyNick#2; 08-15-2007 at 05:37 PM.
BabyNick#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #39
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am intersted to hear why Dr's and Pharm. Reps would vaccinate their own kids if they are in on the conspiracy?
Most Dr's just advise vaxes because that is what they are taught to do. It is drilled into their heads for years in school. To them the answer to the question "should I vax my child" is "yes" just like if I asked you what 2+2 equaled you would say 4. It's drilled in, you can't forget it. And that is all the thought that is ever given to it. Pharma reps just sell drugs. They aren't paid to ask questions any more than the Kirby rep who tries to sell me a vacum is. They just sell. However there have been many many Dr's who have come out against vaccines after doing independant research. What happens to them? Their labeled quaks and heretics of medicine and booted out of the feild. No one will publish their research, or fund it. And so they disapear. The research is out there, by previously well respected Dr's and scientists who were suddenly "quacks" or "conspiracy theorists" when they stopped quoting the CDC's party line. It's buried now, but it's out there. And you would be suprised to learn how many Dr's don't vax their own children while continuing to tell their patients to do so. My own ped doesnt' have kids, only a dog. Guess who isn't vaccinated? Him or his dog. He is a well respected ped who has been in his field for more years than I can imagine, longer than I have been alive. Does he offer vaxes to his patients? Yes he does. Does he advise his patients not to vaccinate? No, never. But when I told him we wouldn't be he was fine with it. He later let it out that he didn't get his dog her shots, and he didn't get his own boosters even though he is in the health care field. Naughty Naughty Pedi.

For what it's worth I don't believe in vaxes. I believe they cause more harm than good. I used to believe in them. I used to believe that DR's wouldn't give them if they weren't good. Then my son was injured by a vaccine. Our Dr at the time tried everything to convince us the vaccines couldn't be at fault. To the point of denying it when the pedi neuro told us that was the cause. And I realized something, Dr's don't know everything. Most of them are jsut as misled as the rest of us, but after something happens they are so afraid of getting into trouble that they deny deny deny. I had to report to VAERS myself, I imagine most are not reported at all for just that reason. The only reactions most Dr's believe in are imediate anaphylaxis. But there are so many adverse reactions. Kearnan is now autistic. He is recovering thanks to work with a special dr who is treating him for his vaccine reaction. But if we had never looked into this ourselves, he would just be one of countless autistic children who never get a chance because common medical wisdom says that autism is not caused by vaccines, and it is not cureable.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #40
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianamom*2 View Post
That was like 19yrs ago ! And supposedly if you get CP before the age of 1 then you can get it again. Thats what my mom was told.

But I know I got it either way when I was 17 !!
You must be young
The CP vaccine came available when I was grown and my oldest was 2 or 3. Only like 7 yrs ago?