Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM   #81
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: July Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
At what age do y'all take your kiddos to the dentist?

DH and I really need to go to the dentist but I am literally terrified and will avoid it at all cost.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
So don't judge me too harshly....

Keegan, Rachel, and Kennah were probably 10, 9, & 7 at their first appointments. And what finally motivated to take them was Kennah getting hit with a van door in the mouth. David and Addilyn are going for the first time in August. They are 4.5 and 2.5

Foster care you *have* to take them every 6 months minimum. I doubt they had been to the dentist before us, but they've been regularly since 8 months and 21 months old.

The good news is that all their teeth are fine. I, on the other hand, need to go the dentist--haven't been since Rachel was a baby (so 10 years) and don't really have plans to go soon. I need to go to the eye doctor soon too....I've never had an eye exam.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM   #82
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
So don't judge me too harshly....

Keegan, Rachel, and Kennah were probably 10, 9, & 7 at their first appointments. And what finally motivated to take them was Kennah getting hit with a van door in the mouth. David and Addilyn are going for the first time in August. They are 4.5 and 2.5

Foster care you *have* to take them every 6 months minimum. I doubt they had been to the dentist before us, but they've been regularly since 8 months and 21 months old.

The good news is that all their teeth are fine. I, on the other hand, need to go the dentist--haven't been since Rachel was a baby (so 10 years) and don't really have plans to go soon. I need to go to the eye doctor soon too....I've never had an eye exam.
No judgement at all! DS1 goes every 6mos (or so) and has for as long as I can remember but I have yet to take DS2.

It has been at least 4 years since Ive been to the dentist. I have had some traumatic experiences and I want my bridge redone and to get invisaline (spelling?) but I am just a big baby. My father in law used to own a dental practice so you would think we would be avid dentist goers but that we are not. I know we should be but Im just a scaredy cat. lol.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #83
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

We take our kids for the first time around 3...IF we have a dentist we love and IF that dentist takes our insurance. We had a wonderful dentist for years when my husband had a job with dental insurance and we were quite regular there, even me. But then my husband left that job to start his own business, and we have dental now for the kids through Medicare (AHCCCS is what it is called in AZ) and we just haven't found a new dentist since we moved (2.5 years ago) and I need to but I hate finding a new dentist. I just want to take my old dentist with me, darn it! Soooo...I need to get moving with that but haven't and am not feeling particularly motivated right now either. (I'll join you under that chair Jen )
Someday when we have real insurance again and a great dentist that takes it, we'll go more regularly. But for now, I'm just anxious about looking so I'm avoiding it. I've had bad experiences with dentists before and I'm REALLY picky so I guess I'd rather just avoid it than face the possibility of going to one I don't like.