Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #31
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn stash questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I loved the neat fold! Especially good if your flats are rectangular. Boo that photobucket took down the pics - but I'm sure you can find them elsewhere or a video on youtube.
I did - I watched a video on YouTube like 4 times before I figured out how to fold after opposite corners were folded in. So now I have one folded in neat fold and I'm scared to let it get unfolded because I still have 6 months til I need it and I'll forget how to do it!

Advertisement

Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #32
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

This is probably a stupid question, but does it matter what side of the bamboo french terry goes against the baby's skin? There's a loopy side and a smooth side...
Old 03-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #33
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but does it matter what side of the bamboo french terry goes against the baby's skin? There's a loopy side and a smooth side...

Doesn't matter but the loopy side is easier to Snappi.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:58 AM   #34
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
I did - I watched a video on YouTube like 4 times before I figured out how to fold after opposite corners were folded in. So now I have one folded in neat fold and I'm scared to let it get unfolded because I still have 6 months til I need it and I'll forget how to do it!
Bookmark the video! it will come back to you when it is time Either that or take your own pictures, backward as you undo it. LOL
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #35
akclimbergirl
Registered Users

I use fitteds and Thirsties Duos covers. My daughter started to wet through when she started sleeping through the night. I was at a loss until I received some Gerber prefolds from someone. I now fold one of those in thirds and then in half and place it on top of the fitted in front (she sleeps on her stomach) with a cover over it. She hasn't soaked through since.

It is a little bulky, but I only use it during naps and nighttime and it works great. Sometimes, if I've run out of prefolds before the next wash, I will fold the tabs in on another fitted and then fold it in half and place that in front just like the prefold.
akclimbergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #36
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I just spent the afternoon serging the edges of my diy half-flats in pretty colors. Total waste of time since the bamboo french terry won't fray at the edges anyway, and also since rethreading the serger is an actual pain in the butt, but they make me happy. I have 2 more in the wash, but I'll do them later. I'm running out of colors anyway. I still have light pink, navy, tan, gray, and black left.

Also I have some other fabric I haven't cut yet. I kind of wish I'd cut it and serged it at the same time while I had each color on, but I still haven't decided how I want to cut it. Half flats or 20x20?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1524173009623.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	186978  
Old 04-19-2018, 06:01 PM   #37
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Those are really pretty colors!

I vote 20x20 for the others since you did these as half flats, that way you can have both.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #38
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Those are really pretty colors!

I vote 20x20 for the others since you did these as half flats, that way you can have both.
That's what I was leaning toward too. I'm loving these bright colors - I hope they don't fade or stain much. It's polyester thread - it shouldn't, right?
Old 04-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #39
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wouldn't think it would stain and it should hold it's color.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote