Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

U/S Nightmare

So last night I had a crazy nightmare...

It was the day of my U/S appointment and I was really really scared about it. I was in high school and had to go to the office to get a note to go to my appointment before I could leave (I watched Juno right before bed ) and on the way I walked by my old HS boyfriend, he was trying to avoid me and ran into a classroom. My appointment was at 3:30, but the lady in the office said that she knows they close at 3:45, so I better go down there right away... When I got there it was the same Dr. office that my mom works for and she was there. She said they had messed up my appointment time, and I started getting really upset saying I'm not waiting another day I need to know now. My mom was friends with the U/S technician so she snuck me in the back to have it done. While I was waiting I sat down and there was this guy next to me, I realized I knew him (some super random friend of a friend I knew a long time ago it's weird who shows up in dreams). I told him my DH was really mad at me and had refused to come and I told him how scared I was, so he offered to go into the U/S with me... . So we go in to start the U/S and I'm freaking out a little, the tech tells me not to be scared, then starts the machine. She says "look there is your baby" and I looked at the screen, but it looked very different than it should look, it was mostly white with flecks of black instead of the other way around. Then the picture started to even out and I could see what looked like a normal baby. Then the look on her face turned from happy to concerned, as she looked further down at the image on the screen. She said something is definitely wrong with the baby... I started to panic...told her to turn the machine off...but she wouldn't! All these crazy thoughts were running through my head, At that point I just wanted to jump out of my body and get away from what was going on. Then she said, "okay all done,here ya go" and handed me a picture of the baby's face, suddenly disregarding her concern because her job was done. I looked down at the picture and could see that the baby looked like my old H/S boyfriend...guess that's why DH was mad at me.

I woke up from that dream puking literally, while gaging and then puking I guess I'm really scared of finding out anything bad at the U/S next week... I'm kind of angry that they made me wait so long for it too, and that my CNM told us the baby had an irregular heart beat and was concerned, then shrugged it off like it was nothing. Part of me just wants to cancel the whole U/S and not do it, I don't know if I can actually go through with it and risk getting bad news

Advertisement

& Baby Xo Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: U/S Nightmare

I have nightmares and odd dreams while I am preggo too. The other night the baby came out of the top of my stomach (and I saw the face than he/she went back into my stomach)

Just relax and think positive thoughts. Its not good to stress especially over something that cant be changed. With todays medical technology they always just want to be on the safe side. youngest ds has dialated kidneys and no one told me anything just stressed me out until we saw someone at stanford about it and found out it was normal. Let us know how your U/S goes and just try to relax and be prepared to ask questions till ou are comfortable with the answers
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

dont worry everything will work out... you KNOW that our minds play tricks on us while we are pregnant. its the emotions and hormones. just take a deep breath and relax (though I know its easier said than done) when I was pg with Gracie I had a crazy wierd dream that she was way premature and they wouldnt put her in the incubator thing, they just put her on top with no blankets or anything to hold her up. you have to think about if anything you find out weather it is good or bad, if its going to change how much you love your babe. if theres somthing wrong that can be fixed then you know... if theres nothing wrong and the hb thing was just a fluke then you know.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyla View Post
I have nightmares and odd dreams while I am preggo too. The other night the baby came out of the top of my stomach (and I saw the face than he/she went back into my stomach)
Now that's scary! Was the face cute at least? LoL

Thanks for the hugs and support ladies. I really thought the U/S was going to put my mind at ease, but the closer it gets the more freaked out I get, I wish I could just get it over with already.
& Baby Xo Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Now that's scary! Was the face cute at least? LoL

Thanks for the hugs and support ladies. I really thought the U/S was going to put my mind at ease, but the closer it gets the more freaked out I get, I wish I could just get it over with already.
It was a very adorable face but very freaky at the same time. I have had so many wierd dreas this time.

I was very nervous about my u/s too but it really wasnt too bad and I was able to ask lots of questions. Afterward you should feel a little more at peace. I hope ou get a great tech that is willing to talk to you and put your mind at ease Not too much longer till ou will hopefully have your answers
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
sunfish_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my! I had a terrible U/S dream last night too. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow. In my dream the tech told me the baby had died and I should go home to pass everything. I started to cough as soon as she told me this and felt my nose plug up. She said "oh it looks like you'll miscarry through your nose this time". I started snorting and coughing and spitting out blood. It was awful, gross, scary, disgusting and a few more adjectives.
Like previos poster said we have crazy dreams when we are pregnant. I can't count the number of freaky dreams I've had during all my pregnancies. A lot of them just as scary and things turned out fine.

sunfish_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
woolfulcomforts
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had horrible horrible nightmares with my last pregnancy! its normal. but at the time it just makes you feel so awful, I know how you feel.

but dont put off the US just because of that.

try to watch something nice or listen to something peaceful before bed this may help with the nightmares.
woolfulcomforts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kinda different but kinda the same- I work at a children's hospital in the intensive care unit where we take care of babies after their open heart surgeries...of course- there are always those who don't make it...well about a week after my 16 wk appt this pg I had a VERY real dream that we had found out at the us that the baby had the worst kind of heard defect we take care of. I could actually feel myself talking to my doctor about what would happen after the birth- who would come pick him up from the hospital and take him to the children's hospital, what procedures they would be doing before they left and after they left, if I could pick the transport team (since I know so many of them) and several other things....it was horrifying! Of course, we didn't find any of that out...but I still sometimes get scared that something was missed. It was just too real of a dream. PG is mean to us sometimes with our vivid dreams...I'm sure everything will be fine mama- it'll be a hard few days before your us, but after it's over you'll feel so much better.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #9
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

+

Last edited by iKim; 07-30-2009 at 02:24 PM.
iKim is offline   Reply With Quote