Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
mom2B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many moms delivered at 36w,

Wow so many postive stories. I was thinking it would be far and few between. I was thinking it was a month early and babies would be sickly or full of meds. How awsome, So no worries once your this far along except on certain things that could happen in everyones deliverys. TY

Advertisement

mom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #12
mmskids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've delivered 2 in the 36th week. Both came on their own. (And yes, both due dates were correct)

DS#1: 36w1d: 8lbs 14 ounces. Lungs were perfect and came home ontime
DD#3: 36w6d: 7lbs 14 ounces. Also perfect

They estimated that if DS didn't come early, he would have been well over 12lbs since he was gaining a full pound per day.

I though DS#2 would also come early however I had to be induced at 38 weeks. (9lbs 4 ounces and also gaining 1lbs per week).

I love the nurses faces when they called them premis. My son was the biggest baby in the nursery.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 AM   #13
averysmom
Registered Users

I had my ds at 36 weeks. The induced early b/c of pre-e and he had IUGR and he only weighed 3#14oz. He stayed in the NICU for 10 days. He had to learn how to suck, sallow, and breath at the same time. Also, he couldn't keep up his body temp. The dr says I was 36 weeks, but I know when I got pregnant so on my caluclations he was more like 34 weeks. Now he's 5 and you would never know he was a preemie.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #14
Earthmama97
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep, my last was born at actually 36 weeks. We had planned a homebirth with her but went to the hospital since she was a 36 weeker. She was 100% fine and weighed 5 pounds 11 ounces. I'm pregnant w/my fourth now and my homebirth midwife this time around says I will be fine to deliver at home at 36 weeks as 36 weekers are almost always fine just a bit smaller. I had a feeling she would come early and I started lossing my mucus plus a few days before I had her. Best wishes!
Earthmama97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:41 AM   #15
angeldelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I swore i felt ready to deliver both mine at 36 weeks they both hung in till just under 42!
angeldelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
mom2B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I can imagin that will be me prego for 11 months. Ha ha Not really to funny I am so ready now.
mom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #17
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ds 2 i delivered at 36wk 4days -
6lb 2 oz and 19" long - went home the same day - did get a bit jaundiced but nothing major -

i had already lost my plug and had had some regular contractions in the week before I delivered, also on my last appointment i had been 1-2 cm dilated - however i knew for sure it was labor coming b/c my water broke. However after that my contractions didnt progress and ended up needing a little jump start at the Birth Center
Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #18
jenneonthespot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ME! My firsborn was born at 36 weeks. He was totally healthy, 6lbs. 14oz.
My water broke in the middle of the night. I didn't even start contracting until the morning. My labor went horribly wrong due to total hospital intervention, and my lack of educating myself enough, but I had a healthy boy via c-section. All was well. No steroids (?) but since I hadn't gotten my strep B test yet, they gave me IV antibiotics as a precaution.
My second wasn't born until 39 1/2 weeks, and I was miserable!!!

Good luck!

jenneonthespot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #19
Kels5kids
Registered Users
Formerly: Kels4kids
seller

My Mood:

I had my 4th at 36 weeks. He was 6lbs 14.75oz and very healthy.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #20
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

#3 was delivered at 36w5d. He turned breech a few days before and that started labor (I didn't know he was breech). I spent two days laboring at home trying not to be in labor.

I did start to think that maybe there was a reason he wanted to come early. I was planning a birth center birth and I started thinking maybe he wanted to be born at the hospital.

The day he was born the ONE dr who will do a vag breech delivery was on call! It was totally meant to be. I still got my drug-free vag birth. Salem was delivered rump first (ouch). He was 6lb13oz and lungs were fine.

We did have to stay for 48 hours because I was Group B unknown.
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote