Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
tested pos for GBS

today at my apt my ob said that theres no need to do the culture becase it came up in my urine.... anyone have any experience with this or advice?

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: tested pos for GBS

i tested pos last pregnancy. since my water broke at the beginning of labor i had to go in right away for the antibiotic IV. Ds didn't have any issues due to the gbs or the antibiotics...so it wasn't a big deal for me. i tested pos this time too. hopefully my water won't break right away so i can labor some at home! gl mama!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
ShadesofRae
Registered Users
Formerly: 3mamasboys
seller

I tested positive with my 3rd pregnancy. I decided to take the antibiotics. I had a homebirth so my midwife just came as soon as my water broke. I had one dose at that time, and my last dose 4 hours later.

If you're birthing at a hospital, ask about getting a hep lock so you don't have to be connected to an IV pole during the entire labor.
ShadesofRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
TheQueenKat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tested positive with my DD. It was very easy to deal with, in fact I know they gave me an IV with antibiotics during labor but I dont really remember much about it now.

Im just wondering if since I tested positive last time, does that automatically mean I will be positive this time, too? I think so, but I have to ask my Dr. Anyone know?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQueenKat View Post
I tested positive with my DD. It was very easy to deal with, in fact I know they gave me an IV with antibiotics during labor but I dont really remember much about it now.

Im just wondering if since I tested positive last time, does that automatically mean I will be positive this time, too? I think so, but I have to ask my Dr. Anyone know?
Nope,you very well can test positive one week and then a week later negative (with no treatment even!)

To the OP they are natural things you can try to kill it off.. If you try some of them maybe your Doctor would then do the culture to see if your self treatment worked?

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote