Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2016, 11:26 PM   #71
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2016 April Chat

Thanks for asking!

The HG has gone to barely there. I have some flare ups of nausea but nothing too bad. Right now I am dealing with pretty severe allergy problems. I am super miserable on allergy meds. This is my first year here in TX that I have to really deal with the pollen. It is making me miserable.

Baby is moving a lot more. I go in next week for my scan. Just trucking on and not looking pregnant.

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:37 AM   #72
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Call me crazy!! We are getting puppies!!
We promised three of our kids they could get a puppy after we moved and settled in a bit. I thought it might be a staggered thing. All three chose Golden Retrievers as their dog of choice, which we have experience with.
So, we are being extremely blessed, a friend is giving us three puppies! Mama is a golden/basset mix, papa is a golden. I am beyond excited! Can't sleep!
Old 04-21-2016, 01:37 PM   #73
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

We have two golden! Their 6 & 7 now. So loving. To bad they never grow up, lol.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:09 AM   #74
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapandsewon View Post
Call me crazy!! We are getting puppies!!
We promised three of our kids they could get a puppy after we moved and settled in a bit. I thought it might be a staggered thing. All three chose Golden Retrievers as their dog of choice, which we have experience with.
So, we are being extremely blessed, a friend is giving us three puppies! Mama is a golden/basset mix, papa is a golden. I am beyond excited! Can't sleep!
I'm very jealous! We had to give up our dog when we moved (pit bull - banned breed here). A friend has him, so I still see pictures and I know he's okay, but I miss him so much! Now my husband won't let me get another dog until we know we aren't moving again for a long time, which will probably be another 2 years.

Pregnancy is going well. I've gained a lot of weight (18 lbs at 22 weeks). Might be because I make mug cakes practically every night, but I'm craving chocolate like crazy! Also starting to have some PSD issues, which I had with my first pregnancy. Going to try to walk less to see if it helps.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:31 AM   #75
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
We have two golden! Their 6 & 7 now. So loving. To bad they never grow up, lol.
I love goldens!! We had them when I was a kid, and my parents still had them well into my adulthood. My sister has one. And we had one that we rescued from the pound, he was amazing!! Pretty sure he was mixed with a Great Pyrenees, as he was 80 lbs of lean muscle, eyes like a Pyr and the same howl. But looked most like a large Golden. We loved him dearly!!
DH has an English Bulldog, and DS a miniature schnauzer, so there will soon be five dogs.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #76
xraymom23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never had a golden, but I've always had labs growing up. Most recently, I had a labradoodle. He passed away last fall and we still have my husband's Pomeranian. I miss my big dogs!! I really miss them when I go for my walks in the morning. The Pomeranian can't keep up!

I've so far only gained a pound this pregnancy, but I've been trying to not gain much because I'm over weight anyways. I've been feeling fine, but food in general just don't sound good. Hard to plan meals when nothing sounds good!! Luckily my husband likes to cook!
Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 AM   #77
ElToAnCy
Registered Users
seller

How is everyone doing? I haven't posted in ages! I went in for another anatomy scan and they told me I'm actually almost 28 weeks which means I'm due in July 23. I had no idea, because it doesn't match up with my LMP. So I'm not sure what happened there, but the baby is measuring over 2lbs and perfect in every other way. I'm having terrible flare ups of heartburn, so bad I feel like I can't breathe. I hope everyone else is doing good!
ElToAnCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #78
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Amanda- it's good to hear things are going well!

I've started having real contractions with moderate activity, like grocery shopping, or if I get overheated. This started at 17 weeks with my fourth, and she was born at 38ish weeks, so not terribly concerned. But, at 25 weeks, remaining cautious. If delivery is similar to number four, painless and super fast, that would be just fine with me! Except if that's the case, it will likely occur at home. I already planned to have supplies on hand for just in case. Don't know if it's a gut feeling, like a premonition type of thing, or just normal mom precautions. But accidentally delivering at home is something that has been on my mind since we found out we were expecting this time. And, while aware it's always a possibility, never really bothered to worry about in previous pregnancies. So we're gathering stuff for an emergency delivery kit. Even my 19 y/o dd is prepping by learning what she can, to be ready to help.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:25 AM   #79
thennrich
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Help me decide on car seats. I have two free car seats offered to me! Both are from family and have been well taken care of and are safe and not expired and all that. My cousin has offered me a baby trend car seat with 1 base. We have a jogging stroller that is baby trend. My cousin says the car seat will sit in it, but not click securely. I rarely use the car seat in the stroller, though. I prefer to take baby out of seat and use a carrier. But, I would need at the least, a second base for the 2nd car. I usually do errands with baby for a good while, and I will want to use the small car rather than the big van for errands. So, with this car seat I would have to buy a second base or a convertible car seat to leave in the 2nd car.
My sister has a Graco car seat with two bases. So, I would already have the base for the second car. The only drawback I can think of is I wouldn't be able to click it into a stroller.
I second the graco! I used a baby trend with DS#1 and it was so heavy I had to switch this time around. Also, I'd go with having an extra base over clicking into the stroller. It's a nice feature, but wasn't needed as frequently for us as the the second base.
thennrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #80
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Hi girls! I'm doing well also. Feeling great! I've been shopping and switching rooms around. Going g to try a cleanup the house this weekend.