Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Baby Names?

Do you have babies names picked out yet? We have a list of some names but not narrowed down yet. We've kept a running list since our first baby was born. I really feel that this is a boy so we've been talking boy names alot. I have a girl name I really love but the boy names I can't narrow down. My #1 boy name since DD1 was born was Judah but my cousin named her baby boy that this summer.
Our boy names are Elijah, Zane, Levi, Bentley, Owen or Parker. I kind of like Benson as well but I feel like it's getting super popular all the sudden.

Our girl names are Nora, Kenley, Alayna, Mali (African spelling of Molly just because our last name is super popular and I want something different), Taylie or Paisley. Not sure how well I like Paisley yet though.

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby Names?

I was joking the other day that if its a boy we should name him Sawyer. My other son is Finn and so we would have (Huck) Finn and (Tom) Sawyer. It amused me I don't think DH went for it lol
Old 01-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #3
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a niece named Paizlee Grace. We've talked names but havent nailed anything down yet. Most names remind me of former students and I just can't so that makes it harder for me.
busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #4
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have a few names we like but nothing definite. For girls, we like Sophie, Jillian, and Eden. For boys, we like Silas, Jude, and Gavin.
KLJ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

So glad this subject was posted.

Im focusing on girl names this time because were hoping and feeling girl.
So..... I need some opinions. My great grandmother was 1/2 cherokee indian, (my great grandfather was too, so we have alot of native background). My dh and I have been playing with using her name: Wauhillau. Im 99% sure the native pronunciation would be Wau-hill-au, with short syllables but am perfectly fine with ppl saying Wa-hill-uh. What do you think of the name??
Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:28 AM   #6
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Do you have babies names picked out yet? We have a list of some names but not narrowed down yet. We've kept a running list since our first baby was born. I really feel that this is a boy so we've been talking boy names alot. I have a girl name I really love but the boy names I can't narrow down. My #1 boy name since DD1 was born was Judah but my cousin named her baby boy that this summer.
Our boy names are Elijah, Zane, Levi, Bentley, Owen or Parker. I kind of like Benson as well but I feel like it's getting super popular all the sudden.

Our girl names are Nora, Kenley, Alayna, Mali (African spelling of Molly just because our last name is super popular and I want something different), Taylie or Paisley. Not sure how well I like Paisley yet though.
I love Elijah, Zane, and Levi (ds1 name)
Expecting #4 August 2015
Old 01-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellx1
I love Elijah, Zane, and Levi (ds1 name)
Ds2 is also a Levi
KLJ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #8
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyteacher View Post
I have a niece named Paizlee Grace. We've talked names but havent nailed anything down yet. Most names remind me of former students and I just can't so that makes it harder for me.
Wow, I can imagine that would make it hard choosing a name if you've had a lot of students. My DH is kind of like that....he won't go for a name if he knows someone else with that name already that he's worked with/grown up with.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:32 AM   #9
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellx1 View Post
So glad this subject was posted.

Im focusing on girl names this time because were hoping and feeling girl.
So..... I need some opinions. My great grandmother was 1/2 cherokee indian, (my great grandfather was too, so we have alot of native background). My dh and I have been playing with using her name: Wauhillau. Im 99% sure the native pronunciation would be Wau-hill-au, with short syllables but am perfectly fine with ppl saying Wa-hill-uh. What do you think of the name??
It's a cute name. Would she get made fun of though? I always look at names I like and try to think of all the ways kids could make fun of them with it. Like my sister's name is Shelly and she was always called "smelly shelly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJ07 View Post
Ds2 is also a Levi
I love Levi but I just am not sure if we will use it. Our last name is 2nd most common in the USA so I try to go uncommon with first name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2 View Post
Wow, I can imagine that would make it hard choosing a name if you've had a lot of students. My DH is kind of like that....he won't go for a name if he knows someone else with that name already that he's worked with/grown up with.
I have the same problem. I used to babysit for some kids and I have a list of names I used to love but because the kid I watched was rotten I couldnt use it. I had a jackson that was a stinker and a Jayden who was a mess!!
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #10
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
It's a cute name. Would she get made fun of though? I always look at names I like and try to think of all the ways kids could make fun of them with it. Like my sister's name is Shelly and she was always called "smelly shelly".
Well...I thought about it, but I dont she would. I know my great grandma did get made fun of but it was because it was an Indian name, not a "proper" name. My grandma, and her parents and grandparents were very very poor, and facing so much adversity back in those days for being indian, the kids (my grandma and her sibs) were told not to talk about there native american blood for fear of being pushed out of school and denied work. Hard to do when my grandma tans so much she got told to sit in the back of the bus!

some names I hear in dd class: Jorge (pronounced hor-hay). Jaun, Julio (hoo-lee-o), Yohan, Yohani, Wendy, Bonni (Bo-nee), Fatima, Xitlali, Alberta/Alberto, Quinesha, and more.
Obviously we may not live here forever, but this area seems to have a wealth of very different names, one boys name is seriously pronounced as almost a bunch of click type noises. Its a south american name consisting of a bunch of A, X, L, I, tch letters. I have no idea how to say it. Ive heard it and seen it spelled.

I would give her a middle name that she could go by, or perhaps Wauhillau could be her middle name idk...I like it, nobody else will have it, and its part of the family.
What kind of nick name could it have?? Hilla?
all our kids end up with a shortened version of there name. We have Persuas (Saus, or peaches) Levi (Lee) and Jeshua (Jesh or Jeshy)
Expecting #4 August 2015