Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #21
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Crafty August Mamas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiki View Post
cute! so much better than the hospital ones! Was it a pattern you can nurse in? I decided to just buy a cheap nursing night gown to wear afterwards, so even if I have a c-section they can get down there but I don't have to flash everyone to nurse. I figured I didn't really need another sewing project, and for the $7 I spent I can reuse it later too as pajamas
Yep, the shoulders are velcro so I can pull the top down

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #22
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Gee I feel like such a slacker since I havent made much yet lol...
But I really want to find out the sex first. Then Ill crochet a beanie, make some little booties and if a girl make some girlish woolies perhaps... and girlify some of the boyish/gn onesies I saved from boys.
Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:04 PM   #23
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

I just finished cutting my pieces for upcycled woolies. I will have 2 pairs of longies, a soaker and another wrap. I still have 2 wraps and a pair of longies from ds2.

Found 3 sweaters of great quality, fine wool at the thrift store for 2$ each! If its a girl, thr colors arent very girly, but I like to felt my sweaters first and its hard to find girly colored mens sweaters. Womens sweaters shrink up too small for a wrap or soaker usually and I prefer not to piece together from different sweaters...
Expecting #4 August 2015
Old 04-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #24
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Ok, here is what Ive made thus far. I made them in M - L sizes because I already have a NB/S wrap, and a S/M wrap and longies. Ds2 is about 30lbs and wears 2t/3t and can fit the purple wrap. Everything else is too tight on him without a diaper, thus I think it will start fitting this baby around M or 5/6mo+ if he/she is built like other kids as babies.
Expecting #4 August 2015
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #25
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Sorry, only letting me do one pic per post...

This is the soaker. Looks much cuter actually on -- I squeezed ds2 into it diaperless and he balked because the its slightly tight on him... couldnt get a pic...
Expecting #4 August 2015
Old 04-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #26
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

And the purple wrap. I wish it was more neutral colored but I cant be color picky when looking for an XL or bigger mens wool sweater that is quality wool, thin/fine knit, and doesnt have all sorts of holes...

It was easy to make aside from my toddler trying to snatch a Pin and EAT it! Scary.

Anyway. Ill still have some other things to make, I think some wool bloomers would look cute for a girl. And I need another bigger size longies. I have to get more sweaters and not felt them so much if I want to make something bigger than what I have.
Expecting #4 August 2015
Old 04-07-2015, 02:02 PM   #27
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellx1 View Post

And the purple wrap. I wish it was more neutral colored but I cant be color picky when looking for an XL or bigger mens wool sweater that is quality wool, thin/fine knit, and doesnt have all sorts of holes...

It was easy to make aside from my toddler trying to snatch a Pin and EAT it! Scary.

Anyway. Ill still have some other things to make, I think some wool bloomers would look cute for a girl. And I need another bigger size longies. I have to get more sweaters and not felt them so much if I want to make something bigger than what I have.
cute! My mom makes purses out of wool sweaters and felts them, I know what you mean, a lot of the women's sweaters aren't all wool, or are tiny

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Visit my blog where I post kid friendly crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways and more! Sequins and Scribbles

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:03 PM   #28
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here's the glider I recovered! Totally not a professional sewing job, but it will do, and likely no one but me would notice the imperfections lol

Visit my blog where I post kid friendly crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways and more! Sequins and Scribbles

Old 04-07-2015, 05:22 PM   #29
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiki View Post
Here's the glider I recovered! Totally not a professional sewing job, but it will do, and likely no one but me would notice the imperfections lol

Looks great!

and thanks about the wrap! Double thanks for not remarking at how dirty my toddler is lol! No reason to give baths until nearly bedtime as he will just get dirty again!
Expecting #4 August 2015
Old 04-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #30
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellx1 View Post
Looks great!

and thanks about the wrap! Double thanks for not remarking at how dirty my toddler is lol! No reason to give baths until nearly bedtime as he will just get dirty again!
lol I wouldn't have noticed, my daughter's hair is like that all crazy all the time and she only takes a bath maybe twice a week lately so I don't notice dirt lol.

And now the f'ing glider is squeaking. I swear. We can't find out where it is squeaking, it wasn't before. I'm so frustrated since I spent more money on the fabric to cover it, and my husband is like well we can just buy a new one. So I'm pissed off and crying over a stupid glider. Gah.