Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #1
xraymom23
Registered Users
seller
seller

August 2016 June Chat

Where has the time went? It's already June! I did my glucose tolerance test this morning and I passed. I am slightly anemic though, so I get to take extra iron. My appt's are now every other week. Guess I better get on the ball and get things ready at home maybe!

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: August 2016 June Chat

We got to see our little guy in 3D yesterday! It was incredible!! I am absolutely in love!
This was my first 3D U/S experience!
I'm being seen every other week now, and another growth scan in a month, then weekly.
I'm enjoying life a lot more now, looking forward to things, excited about our baby boy! So I'd say we have the pregnancy depression under control. I just pray that it stays under control postpartum.
I guess I should get on with prepping the house, etc. for baby!
I washed all my cloth diapers about two weeks ago. So that's ready. Now for the car seat, crib, clothing, etc.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Getting nervous about moving. I have a midwife appt Monday, then another next Monday, then I move across the world and have no health insurance for 2 weeks. DH's new job insurance doesn't kick in until July 1. I looked into temporary insurance, but they don't cover pregnant people. I can get UK travel insurance, but I'm afraid they won't cover anything if they find out I'm not coming back to the UK. I know that it is unlikely anything will happen in those 2 weeks, but it is so scary to not have insurance at 30-32 weeks pregnant!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #4
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Melanie- glad you passed the glucose test.

Nichole- so awesome your feeling better and enjoying life!!

Kate- I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'll keep my figures crossed for you.

I have a big long appointment this coming Tuesday. NST, Dr, and ultrasound. This is my first NST with this pregnancy. I'll be having them twice weekly from Tuesday on.

I still haven't started the baby's room. I wanted to this week and never got to it. I'm going to try really hard to finish it up this week. I did wash and hang up most of his clothes and cloth diapers.
I still need a changing pad and a few odds and ends. Oh, and I want to get my van detailed inside and out.

What all do you guys have left to buy?
Old 06-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #5
xraymom23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I need to buy a crib sometime. Not a rushed purchase since I'll have the baby in our room at first anyways and have a portacrib that has the bassinet insert. I also need to get a new car seat for sure. Things that I want but aren't totally necessary yet are a swing and bouncy seat. I loaned those to my nephew and got them back totally trashed. I'm covered diaper wise and have enough different baby carriers to change them out every day for a week though, so there is a positive!
Old 06-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #6
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lol wrong person Kelley, I didn't take a glucose test. :-) I am having nonstop braxton hicks contractions. I go in tomorrow for yet another appt. Hopefully we'll decide on an induction at that point.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #7
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Oops, lol..I meant Jodi. I do that a lot. I totally blame pregnancy brain!

Melanie- how many weeks along are you now?
Old 06-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am 31 weeks and feeling it! How far along is everyone else?
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #9
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

29 weeks tomorrow. The tiredness has returned. I'm also measuring 30 weeks, which I'm sure doesn't help. Moving out of my apartment and into a hotel on Thursday, so at least cooking and cleaning will be out of my hands soon!
Old 06-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #10
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:

We are still planning to buy a larger vehicle for me, and I have decided to go with a used large SUV. Just trying to decide what that will be, since we just traded DH's car last weekend, for a vehicle he finds better suits his commuting and family needs, he traded his Mustang for a Ford Flex, and he absolutely loves it! We have a small payment on that. So we'll have two payments again, but totally worth it, since now hubby will be leaving the big truck home, and taking his newer vehicle, we'll end up even, since he was filling the beast twice a week, minimum, to get to and from work.

Specifically for baby, I need to pull things out and wash them, new and old clothes, car seat, Rock n Play, both Pack N Plays, and get his little nook set up in our room with the crib and bedding, which is another thing that needs to be washed.
DH needs to finish at least the sanding part of baby's armoire, so I can paint it. The cloth diapers are washed and sorted, so at least we are totally ready in that department. And I'm waiting for a new pair of knitting needles to start his baby blanket.

As for me, I'm 31 weeks, and like Melanie, feeling it!