Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Update! Cysts are Gone!! ~~ Choroid Plaxis Cysts on Ultrasound

Update: Had our ultrasound today. Holy cows, was it thorough. I laid there for about 90 minutes. Baby was all over the place and actually completely flipped over 3 times during.

The cysts are gone and they found no other markers for trisomy. Doc said we could do an amnio for more peace of mind, but hinted that it probably wasn't necessary. We got a bad-arse 3D picture of the baby though. Holy adorable.

I'm pretty high on life today. I feel like I just exhaled after holding my breath for a year!!

I think my OB did a good job of trying to ease my fears on the choroid plaxis cysts found on my ultrasound, but I guess I'm just looking for anyone else who has experienced this and your outcome.

The cysts are on the baby's brain and are a "soft marker" for trisomy, but are most likely just that - cysts. And they might or might not resolve and it won't affect brain function at all. But that word - trisomy - scares the shorts off of me.

I was scheduled for the "ferrari" of ultrasounds in 5 weeks and a meeting with a perinatologist, but only because it's the kind of thing you just can't ignore, not because my dr is actually worried. He says he sees at least 2 cases of these cysts a month and they are almost always nothing. I'll also have an option for an amnio if the ultrasound finds more markers.

I'm not worried. But I am.

Last edited by badmisterkitty; 05-10-2012 at 11:38 AM.
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote