Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Another birthmom questions thread

We are involved in a possible domestic adoption. I am hoping the birth mother will be open to receiving letters and pictures. I'll be taking her lead on it though, as I don't want to force them on her and cause unnecessary pain. The birth mom we are talking to (and hoping she will choose us!) is very young and at this time not sure she wants pictures or any contact - she seems to have an idea that she will just go on and forget. But she is very young and will probably (I hope for her sake and the sake of the baby) will change her mind in time.

I guess my question is should we write her a letter and send her a picture and leave it open for her to contact us when she is ready? She has also said she wants to meet us, which probably won't be possible before she gives birth unless its via webcam (she is in another state and due in 6 weeks) and I would love to hear from birthmoms what that experience was like for you, what you preferred was said or not said, if you are ok with sharing. You can also pm me if you are not ok with sharing publicly. Thanks!