Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #61
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

We already lived together & even owned a house together when we decided to give it a try. We had already committed to each other. As we were both divorced & neither of us belonged to a religion, neither of us felt the need for a legal marriage.

We didn't talk about what if we separate, same as married couples don't talk about it. We did discuss how we wanted to raise any potential children.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

Advertisement

neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #62
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Children Before Marriage

thanks for chimming in!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #63
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
One kid before married & married someone else than baby bio dad.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #64
MommaMJR
Registered Users

My husband and I met when we were 13, we started "dating" at 14. I ended up getting pregnant shortly before my 17th birthday. We got together July 2004, Twin DDs born January 2006, DS born March 2008... FINALLY married in February of 2014. We only waited so long to get married because it took us a while to save up, but then in the end we just went to the court house LOL.
MommaMJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #65
nellie16
Registered Users
seller

Me and my husband got pregnant when we were 17. We married and had our son at 18. We've been together for 8 years and married for 5 with a second son who is 1! Crazy!
nellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #66
MommaMJR
Registered Users

I have been with my husband since I was 14, we have been together 11 years. We have three wonderful kids together; twin girls that are almost 9 and a son who is 6. We got married (FINALLY!) in February 2014.
MommaMJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:39 AM   #67
littlegmama
Registered Users
seller

My partner and I have been together for 9.5 years and we have 2 kids. We were engaged when I was pregnant with the 1st but never got around to it. I agree with those who said government has no business in the ceremony, but we also aren't religious so there is no real reason to sign the papers when it comes down to it. Maybe for financial reasons, but I have an icky feeling about getting married just for money's sake. I'b be ok with a commitment ceremony of sorts but we haven't really talked about it in the last 5 years so I can't say for sure what we will actually do.
littlegmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:42 PM   #68
sophiewilson
Registered Users

I had a child a few months after I moved in with my then boyfriend now sweet husband of mine . I think its perfectly ok as long as you are sure you have a good support system (taking into consideration single moms as well)
sophiewilson is offline   Reply With Quote