Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Prayers, please, for a dear one who doesn't have much time left. UPDATE 1st page

I don;t really have anyone to talk to about this. I have a dear one, someone special to me, who is going to lose her battle with brain cancer very soon. the most recent tests are pretty much the end. I'll give a little background first. When I was 16, we had to move to Germany (Army). I did NOT want to go as I was rooted at our base since we did double stay (6 years) there. i was quite attached. When we moved, I cried for a month, was heartbroken. Shortly after moving there, I made a friend and was introduced to the base church youth group. I became quick friends with the youth pastor (Dan) and his wife (Barb). They are incredible people and their hearts are bigger than the solar system. They kinda took me under their wings and loved me and guided me. I became close to them and spent A LOT of time with them. I even called Barb mom sometimes. I could never describe just how wonderful, kind, generous, loving, caring, gentle, ect this couple is. Without them, I am sure I would have gone down a not so great path. I had NO relationship with my parents do to the rebellous teenager in me and my resentment for them making me move to a land where I knew noone and KNEW for a fact, that I would only know those people 1 to 2 years (depending on when THEY would be moving - gotta love the military). So, it was Dan and Barb who I trusted and could talk to about anything. Dan even gave me some relationship advice (very appropriately ) when he saw I was getting a little too close to a certain fellow. They always knew what to say. SO, yeah, these people are awesome. Well, here comes the bad. About a year ago, Barb was diagnosed with brain cancer. They told her 6 months to a year to live. She began her journey into treatment, lots and lots of prayer, travels to see people she needed to, preparations for holidays/events and such for her kids that she wouldn't be able to be a part of, ect. Every day there is a prayer/treatment/live with Dan and Barb updates on facebook since SO many people are praying for them. Well, the other day, we got the most devestating news so far. The cancer has spread to more parts of her brain and there is pretty much nothing left to do. It's inoperable, very serious. The doc pretty much told them to enjoy the holidays as much as possible. Dan tried to get an answer of exactly how long, but only God knows that. Their best guess is a couple of months, don't count on summer. I can't even begin to imagine her daily life at this point. I guess this will give us a clue. this is from Barb today..

DEAR FRIENDS, I JUST CAN'T DEEEM TOGET THE TEARS TO STOP MY HEART IE BREAKING I CAN'T THINK OF MY KIDS WITHOUT FALLING APART JESUSUS I NEED YOU NOW, TODAY, OTONIDGHT, TOMORROW HELP MS JESUSU!

Her kids are what I keep thinking about. She has a boy and a girl. I think her son is 11 and her daughter is a few years younger. How can you look into a child's face when they know their mom (their AMAZING mom) is going to be leaving this Earth very soon and there is nothing anyone can do about it?

So, my request is prayer. Prayer for the Evans family as they go through this horrible/scary/heartbreaking journey.

Advertisement

Last edited by My Sweet Blessings; 03-10-2011 at 09:07 PM.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Prayers, please, for a dear one who doesn't have much time left.

Praying for her, her family, and you.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
ForeverYoung
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Many, many for you...also thoughts and prayers are with them, their family as well as all those who she has touched.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My prayers are with them and also with you.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
luv2bmama
Registered Users
seller

Location: Wishing I was back home where the sun shines everyday!

In my prayers tonight!
luv2bmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: Prayers, please, for a dear one who doesn't have much time left. UPDATE 1st page

UPDATE

I wanted to use the same thread because there is so much info in the first post I can't possibly type it all out again.

The update is that Sweet Barb is in Heaven now. She passed away a couple of days ago with her children, husband, and some other family members by her side I'm so happy they were all there with her at the very end and she wasn't alone. Please pray for her husband and their 2 children in this very dark time, particularly the children. Pray that their father can guide them through the loss of their mother.

Barb, an AMAZING woman, is truly missed and I feel incredibly blessed to have known her and been touched by her kind and caring heart
Old 03-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: Prayers, please, for a dear one who doesn't have much time left. UPDATE 1st page

UPDATE

I wanted to use the same thread because there is so much info in the first post I can't possibly type it all out again.

The update is that Sweet Barb is in Heaven now. She passed away a couple of days ago with her children, husband, and some other family members by her side I'm so happy they were all there with her at the very end and she wasn't alone. Please pray for her husband and their 2 children in this very dark time, particularly the children. Pray that their father can guide them through the loss of their mother.

Barb, an AMAZING woman, is truly missed and I feel incredibly blessed to have known her and been touched by her kind and caring heart
Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry Carla
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

thank you.. this is a little memorial video posted on facebook about Barb.

let me know if the link doesn't work

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...50447635075495
Old 03-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #10
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry you're going through this. I do sympathize and understand. My dh has limited time and I have to think about that when I look at my little daughter. It is so difficult. Just have faith that the family will get through this. I know it's hard. But, my DH was given six months to a year last September and he's still hanging in there pretty well and it's been six months already. Feel free to vent and cry. We're there for you.