Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #651
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Best and Worst Cloth Diapering Purchases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Best: Flip covers

Worst: Happy Heiny Mini Pockets. Spent a fortune stocking up for DD...she came out to short for them not to rub her cord stump and too skinny. Everything came out of the leg holes and onto our bed. It was horrible.
Wow, 4.5 years ago.

Both of mine are out of diapers now (DD2 potty trained just a few days ago), so for the nearly 5 years straight of cloth diapering I would say:

Best: Original style BGE
Worst: gDiapers

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #652
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Best: BGE
Worst: Coolababy. Ugh, those were awful.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #653
handbanana
Registered Users

Wow super old thread but really useful to someone who's never tried cloth!
handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #654
Lindobebe
Registered Users
seller

Best: buttons love those covers they are on the small size though (tight around the llega and los raise) for my two year old but still kept everything in. Sadly I gave mine away will buy more for the coming baby. Años love the lilluvs liners so easy to clean And their charcoal diapers great to keep rashes away

Worest: hm hard to say since I tried out many kinds but used them all weather I liked them or not. I hate stuffing pockets but found they still work great as covers so I just lay the inserts inside as with any other cover.
Lindobebe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #655
BRXB
Registered Users
seller

Worst: gerber batting-stuffed pfs and plastic covers. I'm not sure those even count as a CD purchase because at the time I was certain their purpose was to send people running back to Pampers. But, yeah, they were BAD.

Worst real CD purchase: materials to make my own covers and AIOs when I had a 2-month-old baby. Didn't happen. And while one batch of PUL was awesome (from One Stop Diaper Shop/Very Baby), the other batch I bought was so bad I couldn't even sell it. (It was from Wazoodle--hopefully their PUL has improved by now, but the laminate just peeled off the polyester when I bought it.)

Best: quality prefolds from various sources--Cotton Babies, Kelly's Closet, GraniteSmith on eBay, and a super cheap gently used lot off Craigslist. So much cheaper than so many CDing systems but so awesome. Also an ImseVimse swim diaper that worked so well and lasted a really long time.

Best CD discovery: online CD community/stores. I had no idea when I first started that there was anything but what WalMart carried. Some friends in our neighborhood at college were sewing their own FB-type pocket diapers, and that was the first clue I had that there were actually cloth diapers that worked. SOOO grateful they introduced me to real cloth diapers. I would have been stuck with leaky, blow-out-y, expensive disposables otherwise. [shudder!]

Now I'm totally switching out my system for this new baby (to Mother-ease and ImseVimse) and hoping that everything I've read will prove true for me too and they will be amazing. But I won't know until July.

Last edited by BRXB; 05-20-2017 at 12:39 AM.
BRXB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:00 PM   #656
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Worst: Probably Thirsties size one AIO. These aren't made anymore, but the absorbancy was horrible. By the time my sons legs were chubby enough to make a good seal, the absorbancy wasn't enough. Leaks all around. They might work for a girl.

Best: So many. I loved most of what I bought. Prefolds, Grovia ONE (great for night time!), Grovia AIO - this was a super trim going out diaper, and it worked great as a trainer too. I also loved blueberry covers for longevity and mother-ease sandies.

One thing I wish I had gotten: stuffable cloth trainers. I didn't think it would be worthwhile, but we used pull ups at night for way too long while DS potty trained. Oh well.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote