Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #61
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Chatter -- May 15

I never found anything that worked at night past about 6 months, so sorry. My daughter was such a heavy wetter that we ended up using disposables at night. This was after trying multiple layers of hemp and bamboo, cotton, and a variety of covers.

Of course, she's also the child that wet the bed until she was almost 8.

Advertisement

tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:06 AM   #62
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
For my 15 mo

I think they would be fine for nights. I like Blueberry covers for bulletproof PUL. I never got into wool.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:21 AM   #63
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

It's early. And chilly.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #64
abh5e8
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
I'm kinda hoping the xl muslin flat fits into a flip for nights. I've had terrible luck with wool.
It will be tight. I prefer the XL sized thirsties cover.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #65
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
I'm kinda hoping the xl muslin flat fits into a flip for nights. I've had terrible luck with wool.
Wool is one part of CDing that seems like a great idea but I know I'll never get into. To be completely honest I'm just too lazy, lol. I just want to throw my dirty diapers in the laundry and forget about it not worry about how to wash certain items a certain way.

Do you think I should just go with XL muslin flats instead of larges? Maybe I'll buy 1 or 2 of different sizes to try out. We will have a little extra spending money at the begining of next month and I know I need to try something different for nighttime so I'm trying to get a game plan so I know how much I will need to spend.

The covers I currently have are Flips, Buttons, Econobum, and one Thirsties size 2. Ideally I'd have covers dedicated for night time. So maybe I'll try a Flip or Thirsties then decide if either work well for night time with the muslin then just buy more of whatever or try something new if I'm not thrilled with either.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #66
BRXB
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Wool is one part of CDing that seems like a great idea but I know I'll never get into. To be completely honest I'm just too lazy, lol. I just want to throw my dirty diapers in the laundry and forget about it not worry about how to wash certain items a certain way.
I did wool for a long time and loved it, until we had a family emergency and my well-meaning family members who were watching our other kids while my son was in the hospital took my soiled wool and ALL our dirty diapers (poop included) and put them to soak in our bathtub. Oh, man. I think I cried. Totally traumatized. Took forever to clean up and wool was never the same for me after that.

Last edited by BRXB; 05-20-2017 at 11:06 AM.
BRXB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #67
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

So tired. I hit my steps goal by lunchtime today. Wish I could stay home, but the older two have a band concert tonight. Why they are doing it at 8 on a Saturday, I don't know, but whatever.