Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
becca1202
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preventing thrush?

All the things mentioned are great. I'd also recommend you take a look at the soap you are using on yourself. I battled thrush on my breasts (thankfully ds was fairly immune to it and never seemed to have a bad case, though he had to get treated too) for almost 3 months. I finally figured out in my case that my shower gel (Dial) was antibacterial, and just the suds running over my nips in the shower was causing me to get recurrent thrush. Once I changed to a soap that wasn't antibacterial (Dove worked for me), my thrush went away and stayed gone.
Haha and oh my I agree with one of the previous posters! GBS abx are horrific. I tested negative with Ben, but with my second child I tested positive and opted to take the antibiotics to be on the safe side (since GBS can cause problems in some infants, not common though). Oh my!!! Both Naomi and I had a RAGING case of thrush within 2 days of her birth. I was literally curling my toes and pounding a pillow to keep from screaming out loud when she nursed. After having gone through that, I will DEFINITELY opt for a natural treatment BEFORE I get tested, so I never have to deal with being GBS+ again.

Advertisement

I can usually be tempted for trading knitting for wool, I just have to limit how much I take on in a month. But feel free to message me. I sell custom knitted wool! PM me. I'm also available to do recycled wool upon request.

Last edited by becca1202; 08-22-2008 at 05:47 PM.
becca1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
knoxmama81
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1202 View Post
All the things mentioned are great. I'd also recommend you take a look at the soap you are using on yourself. I battled thrush on my breasts (thankfully ds was fairly immune to it and never seemed to have a bad case, though he had to get treated too) for almost 3 months. I finally figured out in my case that my shower gel (Dial) was antibacterial, and just the suds running over my nips in the shower was causing me to get recurrent thrush. Once I changed to a soap that wasn't antibacterial (Dove worked for me), my thrush went away and stayed gone.
Haha and oh my I agree with one of the previous posters! GBS abx are horrific. I tested negative with Ben, but with my second child I tested positive and opted to take the antibiotics to be on the safe side (since GBS can cause problems in some infants, not common though). Oh my!!! Both Naomi and I had a RAGING case of thrush within 2 days of her birth. I was literally curling my toes and pounding a pillow to keep from screaming out loud when she nursed. After having gone through that, I will DEFINITELY opt for a natural treatment BEFORE I get tested, so I never have to deal with being GBS+ again.
Ok, I was GBS in my 1st pregnancy and it used to be if you ever had it you are treated with each birth. So, anyway I have been treated with both prior babies. I am being tested on Wed. what should I do? What if I am GBS?
knoxmama81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #13
knoxmama81
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2moms2IDGs View Post
You can get them at a health-food or vitamin store.
Thanks!
knoxmama81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #14
spiritbear_momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

same as some pp,,,,we had to stay away starch, sugar foods,,,,,what worked for us was garlic pills, omega fish oils and oil of oregano,,,,we got from dr jack newman breast feeding advice website
spiritbear_momma is offline   Reply With Quote