Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #31
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I just cheap....

I used to always make an offer if I wanted something but didn't want to pay full price- but then in another post I read somewhere where a momma was complaining because it was RUDE of ppl to make offers on something! Sheesh! They can say no! So now I don't do that as much, but there are times I think of pming someone just to say, "You'll never get that much!" Some people are silly!

Advertisement

athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #32
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use all pockets. I refuse to spend over $10 for a used dipe. That's just my personal preference. I also won't sale my dipes for over $10 most of the time either. If I want to spend more, I'll buy it new.

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #33
cotopaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been stocking up on fuzzi bunz; they retail for $16 or $17 new, and I've been payint $8 to $10 for them on FSOT. I'm going to end up with about 40 diapers, so the overall savings vs. buying them all new is at least $240, plus shipping costs -- not insignificant to me. And so far all the diapers have arrived in great condition, no stains or anything. Maybe a little worn, but nothing worse than what they'd look like after we used them for a few weeks -- so I just remind myself than a month from now I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway, and better to have extra cash instead.

But I agree that I'd rather just have new if it came to saving only a buck or two.

I do also like the idea of reusing rather than buying new for environmental reasons -- kind of taking cloth to another level, KWIM? B/c if cloth diapers don't get reused, then they'll just end up in a landfill too -- still infinitely better than one-use disposables, but does that make sense?

AND, I have to admit... I like buying on FSOT b/c it's kind of fun. It's like a little game -- log on and see what's there. I'm actually kind of sad b/c my stash is almost complete!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #34
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

8 to 10 dollars a dipe is good....but when someone is trying to sell a used fb for 15 dollars without an insert...I dont care if they only washed it....why wouldnt you just pay the full price and get the insert with it!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #35
cotopaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalkicks View Post
8 to 10 dollars a dipe is good....but when someone is trying to sell a used fb for 15 dollars without an insert...I dont care if they only washed it....why wouldnt you just pay the full price and get the insert with it!!!
Well, no, I wouldn't buy a used one for 15 without an insert, for sure! Are there a lot of people trying to get 15? I've seen a lot for 10, sometimes people want 12 or 13, and I just skip over those, but yeah, 15 without an insert seems ridiculous.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #36
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I seriously had someone ask me for 11 dollars for a thirsties cover....they retail for 10.95 and free shipping on some sights....
Old 07-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #37
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what bugs me the most is when an item is MORE on FSOT than it is new, shipping isn't included, and you are asked to pay fees, even for funded. That makes me do the big headscratch LOL. On another site someone was asking like $10 or so for a used prorap cover plus shipping, when Little Lions sells them for like $6.95 frees shipping. I would just encouage people to look online for new to make sure someone's not trying to take advantage of you, esp if you are a new CDer. its sad, but it obviously happens!

Last edited by Kelolsen-and-Padawan; 07-27-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Kelolsen-and-Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #38
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I have no choice but to be cheap right now lol , we are poor ! Ok so not really poor but VERY tight on money , I am trying to get a NB stash together too and and out searching for the deals . If something is within two dollars of the buy it new price I would rather just buy it new but at the same time those one or two dollars will add up too .

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #39
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
what bugs me the most is when an item is MORE on FSOT than it is new, shipping isn't included, and you are asked to pay fees, even for funded. That makes me do the big headscratch LOL. On another site someone was asking like $10 or so for a used prorap cover plus shipping, when Little Lions sells them for like $6.95 frees shipping. I would just encouage people to look online for new to make sure someone's not trying to take advantage of you, esp if you are a new CDer. its sad, but it obviously happens!
This is really good advise. I can't tell you how many times lately I have seen an item priced like its new or even a bit higher than new. Always double check what you can get it for new and go from there for the used price.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #40
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am cheap too then. You have to be patient, but the right thing at the right price will show-up if you wait. I have been lucky enough to build most of a nb stash very inexpensively.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote