Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
jessicaventura
Registered Users

My Mood:
Giving up Cloth?!?!

Recently, my DH told me that he hates CD. He says he doesn't like the way the prefold gets soaked and leaves our baby with a slightly wet abdomen, and tushie. He thinks it's uncomfortable for DS, and doesn't seem to like any of our diapers. I have pretty much a little bit of everything, but my personal favorite are the prefolds. Now, I love CDing my DS. Sure laundry days can be tedious sometimes, and i get a little lazy with prefolds, but I find it worth it! We have saved money on disposables, which was my main goal.

Well DH says he'd rather just spend the extra money on disposables. I'm pretty annoyed because I went through a lot of trouble buying diapers and making sure they worked. How can I convince him it's still worth it?

Advertisement

jessicaventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Giving up Cloth?!?!

Who's the one doing the changing? My DH does not do cloth. Period. He can't stand it. He will change her only if she made and needs to be changed and I'm not home. Maximum a few times a week. He will put on a sposie though, not a CD. When we travel for a few days I take sposies, and let him do most of the changing then!

If you're the one changing is he okay with it?
Old 11-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
jessicaventura
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abemom2 View Post
Who's the one doing the changing? My DH does not do cloth. Period. He can't stand it. He will change her only if she made and needs to be changed and I'm not home. Maximum a few times a week. He will put on a sposie though, not a CD. When we travel for a few days I take sposies, and let him do most of the changing then!

If you're the one changing is he okay with it?
I do most of the changing, but when he does change him and he has cloth he likes to express his dislike towards them. We have sposies for him to use, and his parents because they'll CD once in a while when they watch him. I'm gonna tell him to just use spouses when ever he's doing the changing.
jessicaventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
Sheagirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Get a yard of fleece and make some fleece liners. They are cheap and will keep the baby feeling dry!!
Sheagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
Sheagirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe you can get some cheap pockets or aios for the hubby.
Sheagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #6
melissa621
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheagirl View Post
Maybe you can get some cheap pockets or aios for the hubby.
This. My bf doesn't love cloth, but I don't hear one complaint when he has velcro BG AIOs or pockets.
melissa621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #7
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

How n often are you changing? The diaper shouldn't be completely saturated. Maybe add in a doubler so baby isn't so wet.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

I agree with above, get a bunch of stay dry pockets for him to use and his argument if baby being wet won't be a concern. You can stuff them with your prefolds. Kawaii has some pockets on sale without inserts right now.

My DH has mentioned in the past DS's bum being wet with certain fabrics. But DS doesn't care and he isn't getting rashes so it's DHs problem not DSs. DH gets that now and doesn't worry about it.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote