Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do I put on a tummy sleeping little boy?

Change every time you feed at night! Also i loved terry inners for this purpose-fast wicking. So, bamboo terry inners for example...

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #12
eviemethugh
Registered Users

We have a tummy sleeping boy and use sbish fitteds and diaper rite bamboo fitteds with flip and rumparooz covers. We've never had a problem for 10-12 hours of wear. For naps a prefold works for us. After a year now though we think the one size sustainablebabyish is a better value than the diaper rite though.
eviemethugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #13
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
I'm have not drunk the Sbish kool aid.
LOL! I drank the kool aid in moderate amounts! Their OBFs seriously are awesome night diapers and seem to be a solution for many people, which I think is why there is so much kool aid going around. If you're thinking of trying wool I wouldn't use theirs though, I think there are better, more durable options out there.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #14
Chichidc
Registered Users
seller

We have a tummy sleeping boy who is a huge pee-er. I tried all kinds of pockets, stuffing with hemp, with a fast-absorbing layer close to the skin,etc. He just peed so quickly it wouldn't absorb and would leak every night.

Then we tried fitteds. So many kinda of fitteds with extra doublers. Still he would either wake up miserably wet or the cover would leak. I finally tried a used OBF. Magic. You need to prep new ones at least a half dozen times to get them to absorb properly. We started with a Blueberries cover over it but the leg gussets would create horrible friction red marks. We now used an Sbish OBF and a wool cover and life is so good. They now have a hemp OBF. Im a huge fan.
Chichidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:35 AM   #15
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I have had good luck at various times/ages with either a pocket that has a strip of PUL on the top at the front on the inside, like KaWaii HD2s. Or MEAFs under any time of wool. Or putting a bamboo insert across the top front edge of a fitted diaper, half inside and half folded over around his waist at the front, under a thicker wool like Woolly Bottoms.

I also haven't drunk the KoolAid as I will not pay those prices for machine-knit anything.

Woolly Bottoms has interlock soakers on sale for $20 for Black Friday. They're the bomb.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote