Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
Armymom31
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 130
My Mood:
Nursing toddler

Anyone nurse their toddler? How old and if you did, what age did you wean?

Advertisement

Armymom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:59 AM   #2
Niecie75's Avatar
Niecie75
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KY
Posts: 307
Re: Nursing toddler

I do! She's 31 months old. Trying to wean her but she just nurses at bedtime for maybe 10 mins right now.
Niecie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
DreamInGreen's Avatar
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 1,092
Re: Nursing toddler

I did. He weaned himself at 27 months. I was in my second trimester of a new pregnancy so I feel this is why.
__________________
DSa day-time potty learned @ 20m and DSb day time potty-learned at 15 months by doing CD/EC
DSa 12/2013, DSb 6/2016 & the best DH I know
DreamInGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #4
Armymom31
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 130
My Mood:
Re: Nursing toddler

Mine is going on 4 and I want to stop but I can't seem to convince him.
Armymom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #5
DreamInGreen's Avatar
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 1,092
Re: Nursing toddler

Do you guys talk about it? Remember that he will wean when he's ready. Do you have. A local LaLecheLeague? Have you ever read through the book The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding? I bet you can find it at your local library. Nursing a preschooler can be tough, but you're not alone! Think of what an amazing thing you're doing for him! Emotionally he knows you're there for him, immunologically his system is in tip top shape.
__________________
DSa day-time potty learned @ 20m and DSb day time potty-learned at 15 months by doing CD/EC
DSa 12/2013, DSb 6/2016 & the best DH I know
DreamInGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #6
Armymom31
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 130
My Mood:
Re: Nursing toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamInGreen View Post
Do you guys talk about it? Remember that he will wean when he's ready. Do you have. A local LaLecheLeague? Have you ever read through the book The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding? I bet you can find it at your local library. Nursing a preschooler can be tough, but you're not alone! Think of what an amazing thing you're doing for him! Emotionally he knows you're there for him, immunologically his system is in tip top shape.
I know all the pros, but sometimes I get tired. I think I just need to hear the vote of confidence because the majority of people around me are saying things like, "you aren't still nursing him, are you?" It gets tiring having to defend myself, as I am sure you have done too.
I do not think we have a LaLecheLeague and I will most definitely look for that book. Thank you
Armymom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
bbammu
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 277
Re: Nursing toddler

Mine is turning 5 next month and still nurses. She says she doesn't want to stop anytime soon. Her 17 month old sister nurses as well and I think this is why.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
bbammu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #8
Armymom31
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 130
My Mood:
Re: Nursing toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbammu View Post
Mine is turning 5 next month and still nurses. She says she doesn't want to stop anytime soon. Her 17 month old sister nurses as well and I think this is why.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
Its so sweet to hear that and I mostly enjoy my time nursing. It gives us a min to forget about the day and just focus on each other. Its a calm that he doesn't have any other time of the day.
Mine also says that he's not ready to give up and I have been so grateful to have a supportive husband who says, "he'll give it up when hes ready"
Armymom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #9
aks01
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 30
Re: Nursing toddler

My son is 16 months and doesn't seem to be ready to stop any time soon. I'd like to start weaning around 20 months to have him completely weaned by 2.
aks01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #10
Armymom31
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 130
My Mood:
Re: Nursing toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks01 View Post
My son is 16 months and doesn't seem to be ready to stop any time soon. I'd like to start weaning around 20 months to have him completely weaned by 2.
I had plans to wean at 18months, then 2 years, then 3, and now we are at 4...
Armymom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.