Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Chickpea's Mama
Registered Users
seller

Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/25

Good morning!

I've been having a difficult time keeping up with and posting on daily chats but I have been reading a lot of them.

We have a m/w appointment today. I'm 38 weeks now (DS showed up at 38 and a half). MIL and DS are coming to our appointment to see the birth center so that should be fun.

We still have yet to pack our bag but we did get all the baby girl's laundry done yesterday.

Also, still haven't decided on a name for her yet. Eesh... guess we should get on that.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/25

good morning

Kayti-38 weeks!! That is exciting!! I can't believe we are all getting so close to the end! We also don't have a name for this baby girl, I think it will be easier when we see her...we are hoping at least! We have a few that we kinda like, but we definitely aren't set on anything.

We are sitting around doing nothing today, yay!! I think we might go out for a walk this morning. It's chilly out and those are my favorite kinds of early morning walks
Old 10-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Morning

I'm at work but my body is here under protest. I stayed up cleaning til 45min after my "late" bedtime. Today is our MW in home apnt redo. I think i'll be sure to send her a text this afternoon as a small reminder. Something like "do you need directions to the house for apnt later?"

Anybody that is not still nursing having tingly boobs?

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kayti - How exciting to hit 38 weeks! A couple more days and I will be 36...its starting to sink in I will have a new baby soon!

Thia - tingly boobs.. oh yeah. somedays feels like static electricity in my boobs..totally weird feeling. gota love the lightning bolts that go randomly thru my crotch too....ready for this pregnancy to be over LOL!

AFM - just going to bum around and straighten up the house today. Gotta do laundry from the trip and finish costumes (i know i know ive been working on them forever it seems!) also going to start on converting dd's nursery into a playroom. i got a few organizer baskets to use in a mini armoire we have that I am going to use for Robbie's things. This weekend we will go to pumpkin patch on Sat and I told hubby he better plan to help take down a crib and rearrange some stuff on Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'm hitting nesting mode again LOL. Weirdly after getting back from my trip yesterday I just started getting this feeling that I beter get stuff done bcause its gonna be soon (I will be 36 weeks tomorrow..i think LOL!)
Old 10-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kayti - Yey on 38 weeks!

Thia - I'd text a little reminder too!

Nichole - I'm starting to feel the same way, but not about cleaning, about getting the sewing/knitting projects I wanted done before he comes

AFM - We'll be hanging around today too. I'm still fighting my cold and it sounds like DD picked it up. I need to at least do laundry, we'll see if I get that far. I want to do some sewing, but am feeling more like just sitting and knitting. We'll see
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #6
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Nichole-my MW says the electric shocks in your girlie bits are effacement. So, at least you know that sensation is doing something.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
3Munchkins1togrow
Registered Users
seller

Morning!

Kayti - Congrats on 38 weeks!!!

Thia - Yes, I am having those as well. As a matter of fact I was in the shower Sunday and started to notice some colostrum. I have never had anything come out before I gave birth, so I was a little taken back. I haven't nursed in 2 years and of course now I remember showers while nursing, but certainly wasn't expecting it.

AFM - I can't stop crying !!! I don't know what is wrong with me. I have never been like this before, even during pregnancy. I started crying this morning because I couldn't find DD's jacket and I was going to be late getting DS1 to school. Then every radio station I turned to had a song that made me cry. We got home and Jules didn't want either breakfast option I gave him so he went to his room and cried and I started crying. I was watching TV and the commercials started making me cry. This is insanity. I can't keep crying like this over everything. Make it stop !!!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
Nichole-my MW says the electric shocks in your girlie bits are effacement. So, at least you know that sensation is doing something.
SERIOUSLY!?!? ok you have me nervous/excited now because i've experianced them alot within the last week or so...I just thought it was lil man hitting a nerve or something!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Hey all!

I took ds1 to school this morning, first time for me getting all 4 kids up and ready. And dh wasn't even there to help, that's why I was taking ds1 to school since he has a meeting before work on tuesdays. We even made it early! We are at the park now (the girls and baby and I) since it is nice today and I thought we could use some fresh air.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning Everyone! I can't seem to keep up with ya'll lately.

Waterbreaking - Only had it done in the hospital by the doctor so I'm excited/wondering to see what happens this time. Last time it took them about 5 (of the most uncomfortable minutes ever) to break it so I wonder if I have a very strong bag of water. They were like pushing and everything to get it to break. It seriously hurt so bad and I could hear/feel what they were doing. It was like trying to pop a balloon with a dull crochet hook.

Nichole - I've been having those feels for about 2 weeks or so. I always thought the same as you, now I'm worried. We still have a little while to go. I'm hoping to make it into November, then Grayson is welcome to come at anytime.

Laura - I was similar to that at one point in pregnancy with DD. Now I'm just mean, like my tolerance level for somethings just isn't there.

Thia - I'd totally text a reminder as well!

Jaime - I love mornings like that as well for walks, it's so nice.

Kayti - My bag isn't packed yet either. guess I should get to that as well.

AFM: I don't know if I told ya'll what's going on with my homebirth midwife so I will give a short version of it.

Apparenty in MD, DC, DE area there are some docs/hospitals out to get the homebirth midwife community and have been filing complaints when they have transfers to hospitals and now they are almost all under investigation. So please send prayers today because my homebirth midwife will be told if she is allowed to practice during her trial or not. If she isn't I basically don't have a midwife because they won't allow her to care for any patients until it's over. So nothing has actually happened but 3 of the 5 complaints against her are from the same doctor and each of the women transferred are on her side, that she did what was best for them and there was nothing negligent about it. But seriously, I'm 36 wks tomorrow and I don't want/need to be worrying about where or who will be here when delivering this baby. UGH!!! So anyway, just pray that everything goes well, they realize these doctors are being jerks and she can go on doing what she does.

On another note, I have my Home visit tomorrow but they told us to wait on buying the rest of everything until after we find out what happens at the hearing today. But I'm excited because I haven't been seen in a month because of all this crap going on. I am just ready to hear his heartbeat and all that jazz.

And on my final super happy note: Today is my 3rd anniversary. Feeling so blessed to have a wonderful hubby supporting me through this time especially and helping to try to figure out what our next step is if the midwife isn't allowed to practice and just being here for me completely.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote