Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:
Movements?

I should probably know this already but for the life of me I can't think of it...

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I was just wondering how often should I be feeling him move? Or better yet, when should I worry about NOT feeling him move?

I've only felt movement once a day for the last 2 days and so far today I haven't felt anything. I figured it was because I was out and about all day but I've been home for hours now and still nothing.. And although I'm sure he's fine.. with what happened with my daughter I am just freaking out a bit and really trying not to.

Advertisement

Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Movements?

Well at this point you should be doing kick counts when nervous about movement. They always told me to get 10 movements in an hour ( I think I can't totally remember). Go in a dark room, drink some apple juice and lay down. ANY movement counts- doesn't have to be a kick, ANYTHING.
This baby is CRAZY active, but with DD I worried CONSTANTLY. I hardly ever felt her. PEople would say, isn't it fun when they move? I would say, no because I just worry she doesn't move enough. I would always try to poke and prod her but she never moved in response. She was just a quiet baby. Do your best not to worry mama. There was one time I even went in for an NST just because I couldn't get the worry out. Try a kick count!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

28 weeks is when they say you should start kick counts , and in the most active time of day for baby you should have 10 movements in an hour . I personally went in to get checked a couple of weekends ago , I was having more movements then you but it was still much less then normal and turns out babies heart rate was low , he/she was haing stress for some reason ( although all is ok now ) . I would get checked if it were me . Better safe right ?

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
Chrijodo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the quick responses mommas. I'm going to go try the kick counts and see what happens. I just ate some chocolate hoping the sugar will get him going. If it doesn't I'll go up to the local L&D and get checked.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Please keep us updated! I would think you should be feeling a lot more movement, but certainly other things can vary.. if you are on meds, etc.

I would call the OB and/or go to L&D to be checked out. It will help ease your mind too.

Last edited by ClothDiaperingMama; 12-14-2007 at 02:39 AM.
ClothDiaperingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:45 AM   #6
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

i hope all is well .. let us know momma
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

He's starting to get big enough that he's getting a bit restricted in his movements so remember that. The movements change a little. I'm 31 weeks and I dont' get the big kicks anymore but I get the rolls and the stretching feelign from her pushing her knees and elbows out and arching her back. So rmeember that and dont' be too panicky mama. I"m sure your little one is okay but defintiely do your kick counts and if you are even a little worried after, pop by the er for an ultrasound just in case.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #8
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

My doctor told me if there are 10 movements throughout the day your good.

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #9
clothdiapermama
Banned

I am 28 weeks along myself too. And I was feeling the baby move SO much more often than this but now it is 1-2 times a day.. and its not the kicks either its more the rolls/stretches. I just think its because our babie's are getting so much more bigger that its not as easy for them to be so mean to mommy! I am sure everything is fine. Defiantely call your OB just to see what they say.
clothdiapermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
Chrijodo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just an update for those interested.

I took the previous mommas advice and did some kick counts last night after eating a little bit of chocolate and he moved around some. Nothing like he used to be but that coupled with him growing and me not getting much bigger LOL puts my mind at ease. I'm still going to call the midwife in a bit and ask her when I should be concerned as far as movements or lack thereof goes and go from there. I have my next appointment with next Wednesday. Thanks again for all the advice.