Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #11
rizomomof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: No fetal pole at 5 weeks

mama this happend to me at 6 wks and i was told to come back in 2 wks and there she was with a STRONG heartbeat and all just hang in there !!!HUGS

Advertisement

rizomomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #12
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

It's actually very very common not to see the fetal pole that early. www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com is an entire website about this and similar issues. You may find it very helpful.
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #13
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoiceSoaps View Post
It's actually very very common not to see the fetal pole that early. www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com is an entire website about this and similar issues. You may find it very helpful.
I was going to recommend this forum to you as well. Truthfully, I cringed when you said you were having a u/s this early. Try not to worry, mama!!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #14
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Thanks everyone. I am checking out that website too. The main reason (other that being high risk) for having an early us is because in October, a mass was found in my pelvic area and my doctor had wanted a 2 month followup us. So today, they did my bladder, kidneys, ovaries, tubes and uterus.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
logansmomma07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had an us at 5w4d, and we only saw the yolk sac- for sure. There was kind of a "thicker" area right next to the uterine wall, and when my ob measured it, it measured at 5w6d. He said it could have been the baby, but he doesn't know for sure. But he also told me the only thing we should really be able to see at this point is the sac. I knew that too, so I was happy to see it Somehow I thought all the hpt's and the blood tests were lying to me so I wanted this ultrasound so I could actually see for myself. Absolutely nothing at all to worry about! its perfectly normal
And that tech was WAY out of line to say that to you. How awful of him (or her).
Old 12-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #16
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I can't believe that she said that! First of all, she's not allowed to give diagnosis, that is for your doctor to tell you and also its way too early to determine viability! If your dates are off even 2 days, it could mean the difference between seeing yolk sac and a fetal pole! Don't panic, and don't do anything rash yet. You should also report what she said to you to your doctor. She has no business telling you that when she is not a doc!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #17
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

You all make me feel so much better. It is such a relief. I should focus on being happy that I have a "normal" 5 week us and it isn't in my tubes or anything. Seeing a sac and yolk lifts a bit of my anxiety. I've started feeling ill to my stomach today so that (though uncomfortable) is a good sign that the hormones are still strong enough to make me feel pregnant. I have no cramping or bleeding so I am trying to stay strong. Thank you all so much.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #18
Clairasmama
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Dear Lord please watch over this mama and her baby, and help them both get through this tuff time.
mama I am so sorry! Keep thinking positive. Techs make mistakes all the time, everything could turn out ok. Just be prepared, but keep your head up. we all love you!!!
Clairasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #19
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had an u/s at 4 1/2 weeks and there was nothing , but next week it was there. Maybe you were off by a day or two and it's so early that it's just not time yet. Also different machines pick up different things it may have not been clear enough to see it. Don't worry , hope you have a stress free weekend.