Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #651
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Double stroller?

This is silly but can we clarify what we consider a sippy cup?

Advertisement

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #652
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
This is silly but can we clarify what we consider a sippy cup?
Lol. For me a cup with a spout, could be hard or soft, designed to significantly reduce or eliminate spills. I also tend to lump those spill proof straw cups (which a terrible to clean!) and the miracle/wow type cups (http://www.target.com/p/munchkin-mir...B&gclsrc=aw.ds) in with 'sippy cup'.

We usually start working on drinking from an open cup around the first birthday, kiddo drinks from that at the table by around 18 months, sippy cup is gone completely by 2. Bonus kid 2 just turned 2 this month and probably hasn't used a sippy for a couple months. He does use a regular straw cup when we are out and about for long periods though. And honestly all of us pretty much use straw cups...because that's what our bubba mugs are.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #653
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Eh...that sounds really judgy. It isn't meant that way. I really don't care how long people use sippy cups. (although I remember in kindergarten a boy had one and I thought it was crazy he had a 'baby' cup) This is just what works for us. I find it convenient because I don't like washing sippy cups and it's easier in the long run (for me) if kids know how to drink from other stuff on those days I forget their cup. Less stressful to teach them at home then to spring it on them when I've forgotten, haha.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #654
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
We also quit using snippy cups very early, around 2. I think I heard it's the hard valve that can rub their teeth..and the non water thing of carrying juice all day. I just think their unnecessary and a pain. Ill keep a couple for long car rides for water. Everyone has a regular water bottle.

When I have toddlers they don't carry drinks all over anyway. They leave them on the counter.

Old ladies were talking about me this morning at McDonald's. I heard them say Morgan was to little for a straw and needed a bottle...ummm, no. I bought one bottle when I was pregnant 18 yrs ago, and never used it. I threw it away and have never owned one since. At 10 months he's perfectly capable of drinking water from a straw! I still nurses otherwise. He just needs to wash down his pancakes!
Pshh old ladies don't know anything. My 9mo drinks from a straw all the time. He thinks it's fun, and I can't have one near without him wanting a drink, but he's a terrible backwasher which is why I like sippy cups...The munchkin/wow kind are almost impossible to backwash into so I don't have to get him fresh water every minute. He carries one everywhere and the water stays fresh and clean!
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote