Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #21
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
Think of them as the "Gateway drug". I would have given up cloth had it not been for my china cheap pockets. Prefolds were not for me. It's hard to shell out $25+ a diaper when you are not sure you'll stick to it yet. (And everyone in real life is telling you how gross, hard, etc it is to cloth diaper.)
Thank goodness for the cheap Chinese diapers because I never would have tried cloth diapering. I am now sucked into flats but went through a stage of hoarding wahm diapers and trying bunches out.

Advertisement

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #22
MKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how do you compete with china cheapies?

oh I am not worried in the over all sense, I was just curious if anyone feels like these companies kind of undercut wahm's and small businesses. does that make sense? I had a discussion with a friend about them and was curious as to others opinions I also strongly believe you get what you pay for. And I do understand wanting to try the cheapies first! Thanks for your input!

Visit my Facebook Fan page or Etsy shop!http://www.mamakaydesigns.com
http://www.facebook.com/mamakaydesigns
MKDMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #23
beckis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't make diapers but with all handmade items, you just have to hope that you have a market that values your product & the quality and care it's made with. I look around and see all the similar products that cropped up after I started selling mine, there was nothing on etsy like my products when I started. They sell them for less & who knows how much business they take from me.... I am reassured knowing that my customers value my quality - both in my materials & workmanship, the personal service, etc. I am not wanting for business so I guess this is just the climate of a free-market.