Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #51
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How difficult is the transition from 3 kids to 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Oh my... Would love to hear this story!
Wow me too! My seven year old keeps saying he thinks we are having twins, I assure him we would know by now...but we haven't had a u/s or anything lol. I just figured it would be obvious.

I would love surprise twins! I hope his feeling is correct!

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #52
ziursrm
Registered Users
seller

We went from 2 to 4 and it wasnt bad at all. I'm already thinking 5 won't feel that different either.

CDing, noVaxing, tandom BFing & BWing, coSleeping, minimalist in training 2100/2012
ziursrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #53
mkarntz
Registered Users

For me it was EXTREMELy hard, but i had the baby during summer break....all the kids were home, and DH was at work all the time. Now going from 4-5 has been pretty easy for some reason. and like the PP said I think the huge age difference made it hard to....almost 4 years between 3 and #4. I was used to kids being independent and forgot what life with a newborn was like
mkarntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #54
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've already posted but i'm back to update. It's hard. But I still stand behind 'it depends on the kid'. My 5wk old doesn't let me put her down EVAR. My dh works 1/2 the week but at night and 12hr shifts (basically he's gone 1/2 the week).

She also won't be held like a new baby (cradle position) and only tolerates the Moby if she's tired. She only likes to be held upright facing out or in. She also fusses from about 6pm till 8pm every. Single. Night. It's exhausting. She sleeps decently at night so no complaints there.

I have to remind myself that they grow and change so fast and to enjoy what I can...I'm sure in a few months I'll be missing this too lol.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #55
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

3-4 was the hardest for me. I spent the first 8 months on auto pilot. I did what I had to do but I never felt together...he was an easy baby too. I couldn't deal with all four...any combo of 3 was fine but add the fourth and everything fell apart. We are good now but we are adding #5 next dec and I am pretty scared about that.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #56
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have to say I thought 3-4 was the hardest for me Prob because at that time my husband was working A LOT and everything was on me with out much of a break. Plus we were looking for a bigger house as well and on our limited budget that was added stress as well. Believe it or not going from 4-5 was a lot easier prob because we do have the bigger house now and my husband switched jobs so doesn't have to work as many hours so its been nice. A lot of people told me going from 2-3 would be the hardest but that didn't phase me a bit Hopefully you'll get the vehicle and house situation staightened out beforehand cause I'm sure that would help. I agree with the other mamma who said to get a minivan instead of an SUV not just for gas but its so much easier getting them in and out of plus it always seemed so cramped in there to me.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #57
tward33556
Registered Users
seller

I have 4 kids under 5 and I found there to be barely a change in pace with #4. #3 was my hardest especially b/c he had horrible reflux issues, he is still my challenger but such a sweetheart! Definatley all boy with the ruff and tufff stuff.

I think once you have down being able to juggle 2 kids, you can easily handle more even with them being younger in age together. There are moments I am holding my infant, wiping my toddler's bottom in the bathroom, while my just turned 5 yr old and my 2 yr old son's are getting into a pushing match over the legos. I think you just figure out that it is just a moment and it will pass in a few minutes and then they will be looking at you waiting for your love and reaching for hugs and kisses. I cherish the crazy moments along with the quiet moments rocking them to sleep
Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #58
motherofmanybb
Registered Users
seller

For us, the transition from two to three was the most difficult ... Going from man to man to zone defense. Once in zone, each new little one wasn't that bad.

Expecting number 6 here in 7 weeks.
motherofmanybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #59
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

This thread has been really encouraging for me! My kids seemed spaced really far compared to most of you (I'll have 4 under 8 for all of a month until DS turns 8) and going from 1 to 2 was EASY for me. 2 to 3 kicked my arse! I wondered for a bit if I had PPD but once I started going to bed at a decent hour I felt a lot better. Anyway, I'm ecstatic to be having another and this will be our closest age gap (23 months) but I'm still nervous. My MIL has 8 and swears that 4 is what changes everything but it's never harder than that. We shall see.