Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #31
Oriel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Having a third child?

We wanted our first two about 2-2.5 years apart, but life had other ideas and they are 19 months apart. Having 2 in diapers is crazy but DS2 is such an easy, happy baby that it helps balance DS1's drama king personality. DH would wait as long as possible if it were only up to him but I'd rather try for our 3rd in the next year. Yes it would be tough having 2 so close again but we're not getting any younger (both in our early 30s) and I don't want to get these two in school and then start over with the baby stage again.

Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 03:37 AM   #32
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

We sort of fit the theory but not really...

We have two "sets" of children

DS1 and DS2 are 13 months apart

We have an almost six year gap

Then
DS3 and DD are 18 months apart

We often get asked by people who don't see our kids if they all have the same parents - They do (If you see them all it is super obvious - they all look VERY alike - even our newb DD looks super similar to her brothers.)

We often get asked if we were married when we had our first two-
We were

I was 24 and 25 when I had the first boys. DH didn't want to have any more children - both boys had medical issues- and really we couldn't afford more kids. We weren't super poor but couldn't have supported a bigger family. Our kids medical issues resolved for DS1 and I learned to manage DS2's better. Then DH had a career change so he made triple his former income. Those two factors led him to want to have more children. We had DS3 when our older boys were almost 6 and almost 7. We knew right away that we wanted four so that DS3 wasn't alone since our first two are best friends and way older. Because I was breastfeeding the spacing is a little more then we wanted but still close at 18 months. I am now 33 and I don't think we will have more children since originally I wanted to be "done by 30" and have totally blown that.

Last edited by mg5g; 07-04-2011 at 03:39 AM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #33
LadyofReason
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We had our second 2 1/2 years after our first. Number 3 came 4 years later. Our fourth came 4 years after that. All planned that way. Our second and third were both babies that took more energy than number one though. If they had been easier, we wouldn't have waited as long. In fact after each of them we were pretty sure we were done. Then when they were about 3-3.5 we decided we wanted another.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #34
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

My first two are 13 months apart. Not planned, but ds2 was a wonderful surprise. DH was done with our first two, I wasn't sure if I was done or not. Then I got pregnant on the minipill and lost that baby at 16 weeks. I was heartbroken and knew I wanted another baby. DH agreed and we had DS3 when DS1 was 3 and DS2 was 2.

DS1 and DS2 are best buddies and play together all day long. DS3 is doted on b/c he is the "baby" at 15 months, and he adores his big brothers and tries to keep up with them.
Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #35
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I fit the criteria, but it wasn't exactly planned. DS and DD are 3 years and 1 month apart. DD is 15 months old, and the new baby is due in November, so they will be 19 mo. apart. This baby was a total surprise though.
KLJ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #36
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been pregnant 7 times in 11 years but I have two living and one bun in the oven. Most people I know with kids have spacing either determined by infertility, pregnancy loss, the first being born while we were in HS or they have then right after the other.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote