Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
MyVintageBliss
Registered Users
Formerly: BlissfullyChic
seller

My Mood:
Re: My 6 year old hit with a Firecracker!

that's the thing is we're not allowed to do fireworks in our subdivision and we're under a burn ban but everyone is doing them anyways. She said she will never go outside to see fireworks again and will only look out the windows. She's still terrified. Begged not to go to the doctor. It was stinging so bad that when I even got near it she started screaming.... and it bled so much she even had blood on her chin. thanks for all the hugs.... when your kids get hurt it just scares you to death. She went to sleep after we cleaned it... i think i will take her in first thing in the morning just to check it out

Advertisement

Last edited by MyVintageBliss; 07-04-2011 at 11:29 PM.
MyVintageBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My 6 year old hit with a Firecracker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyChic View Post
Thanks so much! I got her some of that numbing spray it seemed to help a lot and I'll have to try the Mederma and Vitamin E. The neighbors felt so bad, they stayed right with her and came over and apologized repeatedly! He felt so bad, it was his first time ever doing fireworks (they usually just go watch them) but his kids begged him. He even came over a second time to check on her and she told him it was alright when he said how sorry he was and that she was okay (even through her tears)! I was so proud of her! I wasn't upset with him, it was a complete fluke! Could've happened to anyone. Just makes my stomach turn when my girls are hurt but it really wasn't his fault.
That's wonderful that they were so considerate! They should be of course, but so many people wouldn't even apologize these days. I'm glad that they were concerned about her. And yeah, it sounds like she just stepped out at the exact wrong moment, nothing could have stopped it, they don't seem like they were misusing them or anything. But it's still so sad that she's hurt. What a sweet girl, being kind to them even though she was in pain.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Burns get infected quickly. I know first hand. Dont use anything but neosporin until you can see a doctor. And mederma is only for scarring after a wound is completely healed.

Dont take a chance with a burn. Go see a doc tomorrow. They will give you burn cream called silvadene to take the pain away and cream to prevent infection.

I had 3rd and 4 th degree burns from hot oil that got infected and threatened my life. Get it looked at!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #14
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody
Burns get infected quickly. I know first hand. Dont use anything but neosporin until you can see a doctor. And mederma is only for scarring after a wound is completely healed.

Dont take a chance with a burn. Go see a doc tomorrow. They will give you burn cream called silvadene to take the pain away and cream to prevent infection.

I had 3rd and 4 th degree burns from hot oil that got infected and threatened my life. Get it looked at!
Yes this, except luckily I have no experience. Hold off on mederma for a while.

And as nice as they sound, I hope that sincerity was real, and not fear of you reporting them for shooting and going after them for the bills. Reading this breaks my heart for your daughter and terrifies me at the same time. I hope she heals quickly. KUP if you don't mind. I'll be thinking of you guys.