Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
pcjs
Registered Users

How do you shower with a toddler not showering with you?

Life as I know it is almost over. ::banged:: My little darling was proudly showing me today how he can swing his leg over/lift himself up to try to get out of the PNP. I keep it in the hall and put him in when I show with a bunch of toys (some had to be removed as he climbs on them). So, my quick shower consisted of telling him I see him, down, careful, not safe and trying not to proudly laugh as he was being really cute and determined. I looked at new PNP's as we have the Graco Lite/small version BUT they are only a few inches higher and that may by me another month or two but that's not worth the money.

So, what are my other options. I'm not ok leaving him in the living room (though if I bribed him with the ipad and tv it might work) and I don't want him roaming the bathroom as he'd be climbing on everything/thump. My husband said to baby gate him in his bedroom but that worries me as I can't see him (we had a video camera and it died/returned so I need a new one but the newest one I want is out of stock). He hasn't escaped his crib (yet) as he's in a sleep sack so I can probably throw that on him for now. Or, getting more baby gates and gating him in somehow but that's a headache with all the gates/tiny house. The hallway isn't big enough for a baby jail. So, any advice/ideas? I hate showering at night. Oh, he will no shower with me either as he only likes baths and then how do I wash my hair?

Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you shower with a toddler not showering with you?

I shower before my kiddos get up or after they go to sleep most days/nights. If DH is home, I take advantage of that as time to shower or take a bath by myself too occasionally. And grossly (well, at least to some people) I've resigned myself to just not getting to shower every single day.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Tweedledum
Registered Users

Sorry, Mama. I'm a night-time shower person myself.
Tweedledum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashncakes View Post
I shower before my kiddos get up or after they go to sleep most days/nights. If DH is home, I take advantage of that as time to shower or take a bath by myself too occasionally. And grossly (well, at least to some people) I've resigned myself to just not getting to shower every single day.
yep

Recently (DS is 2) I'm able to get in and out and he doesn't miss me. He's never been one to get into things, but he will scream "MAMA?! MAMA!" If he can't find me.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

Since my daughter has been 24 months, I've been mostly able to set her up with something interesting and take a 15 minute shower. Im just kinda wondering what happens with a newborn and a 3 year old.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I put DS in the bedroom where it is as toddler proof as I can get it, close the door to the rest of the house and turn on Super Why (tivo is a miracle invention) I take a shower in the next room and am very quick! I can see if he wonders into the bathroom but this rarely happens. This has worked well for me. I take longer showers on the weekends when DH is home. Showering before DS gets up is out of the question as he wakes around 6 am and I need all the sleep I can get to handle him!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #7
Funnyfarmmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama i totally feel for ya! 2 of mine are under 3 and i have a 2 month old as well as a 4 and 6 year old and sometimes showers are just not in my day . Usually i have to fit them in at the crack of dawn before my insanely early risers get up, or if DH is home i totally take advantage of that or if all else fails i take one at night. Ahhh i miss the days of not wondering if you will get a shower.....
Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #8
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

I shower when my daughter's sleeping or someone is around to watch her. I don't trust that she won't get into trouble and I won't be able to hear her. I tried leaving the bathroom door open, but the steam sets off the fire alarm!

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #9
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shower during nap time or before he gets up for the day or before your SO leaves for work or before bed the night before or get some toys & things & have him sit on a mat in the bathroom with you as you shower & lock you both in the bathroom.

My nearly 4yo loves trains, so I used to put YouTube videos on our bedroom tv and while I showered(with the door open), he'd watch train videos sitting in his special chair in my line of sight. This was the only time he could watch them, so he eagerly sat there while I showered with his sippy & blanky in hand.
Try something "special" maybe?
Old 07-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #10
NikkiGig
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thankfully the kids room is right next to the bathroom. They have a tiny tv in there for these occasions so I set them up with a movie, put up the baby gate, and I can peak at them through the open bathroom door. I wait until the baby is sleeping and put her in the crib that is in our bedroom (across from the kids room so I could still hear her if she woke). I only do this on days that I am too lazy to get up and shower before DH goes to work. Lol
& Finnley Evan 2013 [2VBA2C]
NikkiGig is offline   Reply With Quote