Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How can I make my c-section more pleasant?

If you want to and ask they can let you see the baby being cleaned, put the baby right on your chest before cleaning he/she off...that meant the world to me (that is if baby is doing well).

Know if you want staples, stitches, etc. and ask.

If you want something make sure your OR nurse knows it and your DH does so they can help remind people.

Bring a camera - they will let you take pictures usually if you want to.

Bring your own nursing pads (the hospital ones are scratchy and hard to come by) and nursing bra if you plan to nurse.

Bring high waisted underwear - they won't irritate the scar/incision site.

Bring and robe and house shoes for walks around the halls.

Use the stool softener and ask if it's not given. Take your meds on time as long as the doc tells you to.

Have help with your oldest for when you come home especially and don't over do it.

Talk to your OB and talk to your OR nurse (this is the nurse assigned to you when you get to the hospital for your C/S) the day of the C/S - they have a lot of control over what goes on and know the hospital policy. Talk to DH and write down things for him too if need be.

Wife to DH for 8 years...Mom to 5 kiddos
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: How can I make my c-section more pleasant?

Music like the other moms said its a good thing and will get your mind off everything they are saying about the cutting and such other than that you will be laying there hearing all that stuff and freaking out
annredhound is offline   Reply With Quote