Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #11
mamacass
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: This is really bugging me, I have to know.... why fitted?

I have a couple of pockets and AI2's for babysitters/grandma, etc., but I just love my fitteds and wool.

Like a pp said....we go almost exclusively coverless at home (except naps and bedtime, and even then we can often get away with a coverless nap if I have the right fitted on her), so therefore: a) I and others do get to see the cuteness of the print, and b) it's so breathable and good for her!

Basically I just love the idea of natural fibres against her skin, the breathability of it, and they're so darn cute! I love diaper changes, and love folding the diapers when they come out of the laundry!

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #12
InnerFlowerChild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so grateful for this thread! I just started CDing about a month ago, and I started with pockets. I am borrowing 3 fitteds, and have enjoyed letting ds have them on at home. Less bulky, breathes better, etc. I bought my first one last night as a matter of fact...a MUTT. I'm super excited! I too thought, "why would I want a fitted?" But now I think I'm gonna like them! I'm happy to see so many who started with pockets who enjoy fitteds.

Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant

InnerFlowerChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #13
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

- They're more absorbant and dry faster
- No stuffing!
- Many people who use fitteds use them because it puts all natural materials next to your LO, not synthetic material
- It gives options for covers. You can go coverless at home and see all the cute prints, you can throw on interlock or knitted or fleece, soakers, shorties or longies depending on the weather, or for super leakers can use a PUL or procare cover.
- When coverless, or under wool, it breathes so much easier and stays cooler, pockets in +40 weather is NOT a good idea.

I have a few pockets for daycare, but I dislike them, everything I use from day to night is fitteds. During the day, 99% of the time they're under wool, so he's in all natural materials, and during the night they're in a procare cover.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #14
mrjsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like this thread too. I started with fitteds then now I mainly use pockets...but recently I dug out some old really cute fitteds for my dd to wear around the house and I love it. I just wish I could knit so I could make some cute woolie soakers, longies, shorties etc. They are soooo expensive. Does anyone know any wahm mommies that make cute stuff that are not so expensive? I guess I'm too cheap..if I were to try wool I would prob get addicted to that too LOL.
mrjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #15
thismama
Registered Users

My baby pees right through pockets. I dont know what it is but all our Fuzzi Bunz are useless. I dont think it's a repelling issue because they came from different sources and were like that right from the start. I used a lot of pockets with my first but this time I am loving fitteds and wool. More reliable and I just really love the cotton (or hemp or bamboo) and wool. We're using prefolds and wool too and I like prefolds a lot too, especially now that I figured out how to fold them. LOL!
thismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #16
catalina76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK you ladies really got my wondering....

I have to try.... I was looking at MUTT.... but it would be really nice to encourage a CDN mama making good fitted (in OVB if possible).

Any of you know any or got any for sale?
catalina76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:48 AM   #17
bazora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalina76 View Post
I love my pocket diapers and I was wondering why some of you adore fitted diapers?

They have great designs and all.... but you have to hide t hem under a cover.... so I dont see the point of having designs.

Please please make me understand your love for those diapers.

Thanks!
I have wondered the same thing myself! The Goodmama dipes and the like are the one's that really puzzle me... $40-50 for one diaper that nobody can see?

Adie
bazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:55 AM   #18
bazora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama View Post
My baby pees right through pockets. I dont know what it is but all our Fuzzi Bunz are useless. I dont think it's a repelling issue because they came from different sources and were like that right from the start. I used a lot of pockets with my first but this time I am loving fitteds and wool. More reliable and I just really love the cotton (or hemp or bamboo) and wool. We're using prefolds and wool too and I like prefolds a lot too, especially now that I figured out how to fold them. LOL!
I've actually noticed that with DD's FBs too... I thought maybe they just were slightly too big still so they didn't fit on her quite right, but I wonder if it is the pockets themselves... I'm afraid to know though, b/c DH is already mad at the amt of $$ I've spent on dipes and I'm relatively cheap compared to some of the ladies I've seen on DS, lol!
bazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #19
luna13
Registered Users

I use pockets but have a few Mutt's (which I like but don't love). At first I tried fitteds but my DD would soak a fitted in about 15 minutes and she would fuss about being so wet and I'd have to change her again. I hated the so frequent changes so I tried pockets and have been using them since.
luna13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #20
nataliedan
Registered Users
Formerly: withzwenaturallygrow
seller

I flip back and forth, some days I just can't handle finding the right fitted with doubler to go under the wool soaker, so I use our pockets. One leak out the side of the pocket makes me remember why I"m a fitted lover.
nataliedan is offline   Reply With Quote