Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #21
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: When Bio Parents Are Expecting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Yes we have tried most everything. They currently use night lights, and listen to lullaby music. They do love audio books in the car, I guess I could try those. Most nights I either send them back to bed or let them sleep on the couches. Whatever. Just be quiet so I can go to sleep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes it just isn't worth it! David sleeps in his floor a lot despite having a perfectly good bed. He likes it and it doesn't bother me so it isn't worth fighting!

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #22
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Sometimes it just isn't worth it! David sleeps in his floor a lot despite having a perfectly good bed. He likes it and it doesn't bother me so it isn't worth fighting!

Right!!! My brother slept in the floor for years! Drove my mother nuts. Ha!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #23
FosteringInfants
Registered Users

Earlier in the thread you asked about visits on the older ones. Once our bios asked for a visit when 2nd baby was 6 mos old we loaded up. Older kiddo was crying so bad. For the younger. Knowing what was going to happen. I talked to a social worker later and she said to count oldests trauma ending on that date since we never took oldest back while dropping baby off again. Heartbreaking. We're expecting another pregnancy any time. We don't think we can handle another this close in age until both ours are in preschool. And even then with our diagnosis they will have a hard time in school so... we're also undecided if we will take a future sibling if they call us.
FosteringInfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:00 AM   #24
joyfulgirl_3
Registered Users

My Mood:

[QUOTE=jen_batten;17754968]We actually only have three bedrooms. We have four boys in the ENORMOUS master bedroom. But we have lots of square footage and open areas, so we are going to be turning some of that into a couple bedrooms at some point. We were planning on waiting till the adoption was final, then we will be moving the kids around so DH and I can take over the master.

Not sure exactly what your situation is, but bunk beds are good for adding a kid without losing floor space. If you did a full over full bunk you could have four kids in a room fairly easily.

It's interesting to me how rules can be so different in districts. We aren't allowed to have bunk beds. They are afraid they will fall out (even with the rails). We can't even have them in our house for our biological kids when getting licensed.

Wonder if that rule will be revisited b/c of all the kids coming into care w/the opioid addictions driving up kids coming into care and lack of foster parents?
joyfulgirl_3 is offline   Reply With Quote