Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #11
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: POTLUCK FAVORITES Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
I have never seen cinnamon rolls at a potluck. I may be moving north soon.
I don't know if it's very common but my grandma does and of course people love them. I didn't really have a set 'thing' for potlucks for a long time, but I've had a lot of people compliment my cinnamon rolls, so I started bringing them and they are certainly a hit. Sadly, there are never any leftovers.

Chicken and homemade noodles are a popular choice here as well. Now that I've thought of that I'm really wanting some and since Alga started this thread I think it should be her responsibility to make some for us....

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:21 AM   #12
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

What kind of homemade noodles?

I can make Italian pasta! Now you got me wanting some.

I should not be reading this thread while hungry.

But seriously what is chicken and noodles?

So they asked for volunteers to cook for my son's co-op. I'm not doing it. Why do we need to feed a bunch of teenagers and their teachers every week? Can they not bag lunch? I love a potluck, enjoy cooking but I do have my limits as you can see.

I would cook for you all. That would be fun
Old 09-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #13
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
What kind of homemade noodles?

But seriously what is chicken and noodles?

I googled because I was too lazy to go get the recipe from my grandma that's downstairs. (also because hers is vague...like, 'until you get the right consistency" I'm starting to think I live in my own little food world, because most of the things google brought up are not right. A lot of them suggested reames noodles, which I am not really sure what are, but they are not homemade for sure. So this is a recipe that looks pretty close and will have to do--you have to scroll way down to get to the homemade noodle part.

http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2010/01...#axzz5ReQUQ7K5
Old 09-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Buffalo Chicken Dip. Crockpot the Chicken until it falls apart (can even do a whole chicken on the bone), then add buffalo sauce, blue cheese sauce, and cheese on the top. Umm!

Bring chips or crostini or something to dip.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #15
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Guess what! We ran errands this morning and I found those reames noodles. I had to buy one for curiosity sake. I'm not sure how they'll taste but I do know they are not nearly as cheap as making your own.