Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #1
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

2016: third trimester!

I'm officially in the third trimester! How are you feeling? I'm well most days. I feel so blessed to feel the baby move. Unfortunately anxiety has been creeping in and this morning in particular I freaked out bc I had not felt baby move since I went to bed. Luckily I have a Doppler at home so I checked in and all is well. Of course since that happened, baby's been bouncing around like crazy. I know it's just me. I guess I'm just surprised to feel like this since I had one healthy preganancy. Who's still around? How are you feeling??!!

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
momindc
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2016: third trimester!

I'm on my second baby too and mostly just surprised that I'm in the third trimester (due June 27). Where has time gone??!! My first pregnancy definitely seemed longer! LOL

I feel a little guilty because I don't think about this little guy as much. Most days I forget that I'm pregnant because I'm busy with life and my four-year-old daughter. So unless he's kicking particularly hard, I don't feel him move until after my daughter has gone to bed for the night. I honestly think it's normal not to feel the second, third, etc. baby move as much. You're too busy with the older kids! And your house is much noisier.

I hope this relieves a little bit of your anxiety!
momindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momindc View Post
I hope this relieves a little bit of your anxiety!
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamInGreen
I'm officially in the third trimester! How are you feeling? I'm well most days. I feel so blessed to feel the baby move. Unfortunately anxiety has been creeping in and this morning in particular I freaked out bc I had not felt baby move since I went to bed. Luckily I have a Doppler at home so I checked in and all is well. Of course since that happened, baby's been bouncing around like crazy. I know it's just me. I guess I'm just surprised to feel like this since I had one healthy preganancy. Who's still around? How are you feeling??!!
I'm here I'm here!!! I was just bopping around other ddc on here jealous because they still have a lot of members and post daily! Anyway I can totally relate with the anxiety, having a Doppler this time around has been a huge help. I will say, with my first few pregnancies I never worried. Maybe because you are fully aware of things that can happen you are having anxiety? I think it's that and that we have been so lucky having 5 healthy kids that I feel like I'm pushing my luck or something. I usually have awful first trimesters and easy sailing from about 15-36+ weeks when I start getting tired, sire and uncomfortable. This time has been different, I had the same really hard first 14 weeks or so and then a pretty good period of time (but still I never felt awesome like I usually do in the 2nd tri) and now since about 28weeks I've been sooooo tired, sore and uncomfortable! I have Braxton hicks several times a day and I'm constantly out of breath. I have tons of pressure down low and horrible heart burn. I'm nauseous a lot. Also my feet and hands are swelling, something I never had with my 5 others. I have very painful varicose veins all the way up and down my left leg (this started with our last baby but wasn't nearly this bad) and I am just a ball of complaints LOL. I guess I can't expect every pregnancy to be the same, and I do love being pregnant, I'm just realllllly looking forward to feeling like myself again and meeting this little boy I will be 30 weeks tomorrow so I start going to the dr every 2 weeks which I'm excited about!

*Deirdre* married to the love of my life and momma to our 5 great kids. Expecting #6 in June 2016!
Married to the love of my life and lucky momma to our 6 kids plus #7 on the way due 8/2018!
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:00 AM   #5
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Thank you for your honesty mamadee! Jut yesterday I told myself "though it out! Aches and pains are bc you're a parent!" I remember some aches the first time but this time it's redic! I have the symphysis discomfort where your pelvis and legs meet, the lower back aches, but mostly my issue is the pressure down below causing me to constantly pee. DH said he was at a restaurant for a work lunch and the waitress said she was 2 weeks away from having her baby- his comment "she didn't leave to go to the bathroom once"; nice. I think I go every hour :/

Last edited by DreamInGreen; 04-04-2016 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Typo
DreamInGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
Bscherry14
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well I'm pregnant with my first so I don't have much experience but I know that sometimes I just get busy doing stuff and will go all day without noticing the baby move much at all.
Bscherry14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #7
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

I'm a bit sorry I'm running a little late into this discussion but wanted to chime in. I'm sorry to hear about pregnancy discomfort. I've always assumed I'm the odd man out in my discomfort. I have relatively easy laboratory and have often said I'd rather birth a baby 5 times over back to back than endure 9 months of pregnancy. Baby girl is doing great but I'm so tired and uncomfortable. I can't lay on my back like I could with my other two. I get dizzy within a minute and feel like I'll pass out. My NP at the practice actually rolled her eyes when I said I couldn't lay directly back any longer (I had been on my back for 7 minutes while a training nurse tried to find baby's heart beat) I swear some people should not be in the ob profession. We are in NC and it was 90 degrees today and our AC unit has died. I'm an even bigger ball of complaints deidre. But I too wish this forum was more jumping. I mostly hang out on the Sloomb group on fb but I like that this group is a bunch of ladies with the same due date. A
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #8
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Updates!
My discomforts went away for a while and I got energy back. Just this week I started with indigestion though. Just to keep it fun I guess. Maybe it doesn't help that my mom made my old fav pasta/sausage dish and I'm not a meat eater anymore but ate it anyway :/
Old 05-09-2016, 09:17 PM   #9
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamInGreen
Updates! My discomforts went away for a while and I got energy back. Just this week I started with indigestion though. Just to keep it fun I guess. Maybe it doesn't help that my mom made my old fav pasta/sausage dish and I'm not a meat eater anymore but ate it anyway :/
Wouldn't it be nice if pregnant women were given a pass from nature? I mean for real just give us a break and no heart burn or aches or anything bad until delivery. :/ I've got reflux bad even when not pregnant. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Hope everything else is going well for you.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote