Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
Formerly: Coastiefam415
seller
seller

Night weaning- morning help

I'm expecting baby #2 in August and am still nursing my 2 1/2 year old DD who cosleeps with us. I plan to tandem after the baby arrives but I've been working on at least night weaning for a couple months now. DD still nurses to sleep (only takes a few minutes) and is sleeping through the night without needing to nurse but in the early morning (was 5:30... is now 6:30) starts to stir asking to nurse and then when I don't give in fully wakes up and wants to get out of bed. I know she's still tired but since she's not getting "nunu" she insists on getting up. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? DH gets really angry and thinks she's "running our lives" and we should "force her to stay in bed" but I don't think that's a good idea AT ALL! Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. I'm so tired right now I'd love to sleep until at least 7!

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night weaning- morning help

I had my partner drive Owen around until he fell asleep for just a few mornings and it worked for us. Then he would put him back in bed with me. It wasn't working to have me around and refusing to nurse him, even if I got up with him. I'm pretty sure I have a crazy post on here addressing this issue last year.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Night weaning- morning help

My boys are early risers...I don't even remember the last time either one of them slept until 7:00. Nursing may not be the culprit - it may just be that she's ready to start the day. (And no matter how long I keep them up, they are both up between 6:00-6:30!)