Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
waterloofarms
Registered Users

Baby refusing bottles - which one?

I just started trying the bottle with my ebf one month old. So far I have only tried dr browns and comotomo. I didn't think she would be so stubborn from the beginning. What have you had luck with? Thanks!

Advertisement

waterloofarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #2
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby refusing bottles - which one?

You'll want to find one with a wide nipple which more closely resembles the breast and is an easier conversion for her. We used avent naturals, and it took a bit for him to catch on. If you won't be using one full-time, try getting her on at least one bottle a day for a while so he gets the hang of it. It's just a little different than breast
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
gabby's mom
Registered Users
seller

I use comotomo on my stubborn guy. He's still not very good at it, but much better than the beginning. We try to give him one a day.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #4
waterloofarms
Registered Users

Since we just started I'm having my husband try the bottle once each day. Are you able to give the bottle yourself? I tried the other night just to see and she wouldn't take it from me. I would like to get out of the house eventually!
waterloofarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:32 PM   #5
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Right - my lo wouldn't take it from me at first either. It's just easier and more comforting for them to nurse. But once she gets the hang of the bottle from dad/grandma/uncle/etc she'll take it from you just as easily. Or at least...Mine did. For the first few bottles I stayed out of it though. He just wanted to nurse from me until he finally figured out the bottle was almost as good. In our experience, if you work at it now, she'll be happy with whatever she is offered pretty soon and you can have a life again. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Also, I know plenty of moms feel differently, but I LOVED the freedom a bottle gave me to leave the baby with someone for even just a little so I could have some peace. Totally worth the battle now, I think. I was getting claustrophobic with that needy baby
Old 08-30-2017, 07:25 PM   #7
Bschulk11
Registered Users

I've tried sooooo many different bottles with my LO trying to get the most "natural" and "breast like" bottle. He didn't seem to like ANY of them. Eventually he took the medela ones that came with my pump, with just a regular slow flow nipple. I think the only reason he took one was because he HAD to since I was back at work. TL;DR: just pick a bottle and stick with it. Your LO will choose to eat. Also, it's easier to have someone without lactating boobs feed the baby with a bottle in my experience. Lol
Bschulk11 is offline   Reply With Quote