View Poll Results: Which carseat?
Britax Boulevard 58 86.57%
Recaro Signo 9 13.43%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
5ferret2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Which carseat?

DH and I are doing some research before we buy a new one. Miles still needs to rear face and would like to keep him that way as long as possible. I like the Recaro because he can stay in it until he's out of a seat, and also like the other features. I am having a hard time just deciding on the Recaro because I know Britax has been around a long time and are well known, and I haven't heard much about the Recaro

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which carseat?

I dont know about the Recaro but I wasnt at all impressed with the Britax seats so we went with the new Evenflo Triumph Advance and LOVE it.

DD didnt fit well at all in the Britax because the straps go across the thighs and she is too chunky for that. In order to get the straps tight enough at the shoulders they were cutting into her thighs and left really bad nasty red marks.
The Crotch strap on the Britax are pretty short so it pinched her and I hated having to rethread the straps to move them up. (not sure if theya re all like that).

The TA is way better IMO. It doesnt have the ability to tether RF, doesnt have all the bells and whistles as others do, but its super soft, easily adjusts, easy to install, goes up to 50lbs and 50in (average 5yo) and is anywhere from $130-$150.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

If you can wait for the Signo to come out, I would go for that. The Signo RF to 35 lbs and the Boulevard RF to 33 lbs. SO, you'd get an extra 2 lbs RF with the Signo. It took my DD about 6 months to go from 33 to 35 lbs and it's well worth it to keep them RF for that much longer, IMO.
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

My vote is going to have to go with Britax. I personally do not have any experience with the Boulevard but I own two Marathons (for my 4 year old and 2 year old) and love them. I also own an Evenflo Triumph (rear facing for my 10 month old.) It's also a nice seat, but the Marathon tops it hands down. Just try installing a Triumph after the Marathon and you'll know why it's worth its weight in gold!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
jks06457
Registered Users

My Mood:

just to let you know that Britax's CS sucks lately. the recaro will also fit longer since it has higher harness height. and you get 5 more lbs of harnessing.

check out www.car-seat.org for more great info and opinions. lots of CPST's on the board!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have 2 britax's & love em. I don't know much about the recaro seat you are talking about, but my nephew had a booster by them & it was made beautiully & was uber soft.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
jks06457
Registered Users

My Mood:

also-recaro has been around longer than britax, they origianally and still do make race car seats!!! my next HWH seat will be a recaro!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
Grace
Registered Users
seller

I don't know much about the Recaro, but I have and LOVE my Boulevard.
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jks06457 View Post
just to let you know that Britax's CS sucks lately. the recaro will also fit longer since it has higher harness height. and you get 5 more lbs of harnessing.

check out www.car-seat.org for more great info and opinions. lots of CPST's on the board!
I just recentely had to deal with Britax CS and couldn't have been more pleased!! We had a Britax Decathalon and the part to tighten the harness broke. I called and also expressed that we were not very happy with the seat for as much money as we spent. She offered to ship me a new Marathon or Boulevard. We got the Boulevard a couple days ago and so far LOVE it....SOOOO much better then the Decathalon. I was VERY pleased with Briax CS and will definitely be buying a booster (Regent) when lo on the way moves to the Boulevard. My vote is for the Boulevard!!

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #10
Papooses
Registered Users

My Mood:

When I discovered Britax I was jumping joyfully for days.... Then I discovered Recaro & thought I'd gone to heaven! Both are very reputable companies, both are considered "innovators of the industry" -- if you can wait for the Signo, then that's what I would choose because it has similar ease of use features like the Boulevard, side impact protection & higher limits for RF + FF.

However, your child will still likely need a booster after it For comparison: few kids can safely ride without a booster when they outgrow the Regent > http://www.usa.safekids.org/skbu/cps...-belt-test.pdf