Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
annanicole
Registered Users

My Mood:
Co-Sleeping help

achhh. I woke up last night to find my 10 mos old DS standing next to the bed. Saying mama. I jumped straight out of bed and grabbed him. He's mastered crawling off the couch and down a few stairs but he's never crawled out of bed. I'm now a paranoid mess. And my husband is no help now. He's like "See I told you he's too old to sleep with us"

Help suggestions that are not overt would be great. And please don't yell at me.

Advertisement

annanicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-Sleeping help

hmmm im not sure... maybe make sure theres pillows on the floor so he doesnt hurt himself?

i think i need to know more about HOW the co-sleeping takes place in order to understand the situation. Does he sleep between you? did he have to climb anything to get out of bed?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 8m now and starting to crawl out of bed, and we have a very high bed!!!! I put his crib next to ours so that we can put him in that during day time naps, so he does not fall out. At night he sleeps between us and wakes up normally when he wants to play (at midnight) I have suggested to DH putting pillows around the bed to keep him from hurting himself... Our bed is waist high on me, so imagine the fall for DS. I have even thought of taking the bed apart and putting just the mattresses on the floor but I dont think DH will be for that.
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
EvansMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use a bedrail, and Evan sleeps on the outside - so between the bedrail and me. He sleeps like a corpse though, so he's never gotten out of bed in the night. He does hop down on his own after his naps though.

Can you make sure your room is totally babyproofed and keep the door closed? Taht way if he wakes up and you don't, at least it's a safe place for him.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
annanicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well Neil reverse scheduled when I began working more. So he eats all night long I just swtich sides. Unless something is going on, he never really fully wakes up, he just fusses and searches for a nipple that's when I switch my side so I don't wake up with an H on one side and an a on the other. But I'm think now maybe I should always keep him between my husband and I.

oy wasn't it easier prior to mobilization.

I have a tall bed and I think I may be dropping it to the floor. I will do it while husband is away then he can't argue, it will already be done.
annanicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #6
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea how you can co-sleep. I can't do it. I need my rest. Again.

I guess I agree w/ pp about baby-proofing your room so you know that he's safe.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annanicole View Post
Well Neil reverse scheduled when I began working more. So he eats all night long I just swtich sides. Unless something is going on, he never really fully wakes up, he just fusses and searches for a nipple that's when I switch my side so I don't wake up with an H on one side and an a on the other. But I'm think now maybe I should always keep him between my husband and I.

oy wasn't it easier prior to mobilization.

I have a tall bed and I think I may be dropping it to the floor. I will do it while husband is away then he can't argue, it will already be done.
My DS cosleeps with us too. He likes to nurse off and on all night long, so cosleeping is the only way for me to get any sleep. I keep DS between me and DH though, cuz he rolls, sits up to flip completely over, and etc. I mean it is like a circus act. The 2 times that I have put him on the other side of me cuz he kept waking his daddy up, he flipped off the bed and landed on his bum. It scared me half to death, but he wasn't hurt just startled, cuz it kind of partially woke him up. I think that if I kept him on the other side of me that he would probably climb off and get into stuff too now that he is older.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #8
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

I have always slept with DD's on the inside of the bed but then again I wake when they aren't doing something 'normal'. I can sleep through jetplanes, thunderstorms, nuclear holocaust...but I wake up if something is wrong with my kids.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
ncdav9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put my DD in between myself and DH and when he leaves for work in the morning he piles up the pillows so she cant roll off. Although I sleep really light, I hear everything so if she were to wake up I would hear her.

Maybe you could get those rails. I have some that I use when my 2 year old sleeps with us cause she sleeps on the outside and our bed is really high. Also maybe you could try putting a crib next to your bed so he is still right next to you and drop the rail down, so he has to crawl over you to get into your bed or out.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #10
averysmom
Registered Users

I would make sure he can't get out of the room. Keep him in the middle. The other night my dd slept with us and woke up ready to play at 4 in the morning. She never tried to get off the bed and ended up falling back asleep between my dh's legs. It was a pretty funny sight.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote