Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
wild fire child
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mold - help me problem solve.

I am out of the loop.
I am poor.
I had car seats figured out, so I quit paying attention. I had True Fits for my youngers and a Maestro for the older and a Scenera for spare (that expires 12/13), and didn't need to reasses until older outgrew the maestro next yearish and got a dedicated booster.
One of my True Fits got covered in yogurt, then in soymilk, and then life got in the way and it got moldy. I pulled it out, washed the cover, called for replacement straps. They arrived, I went to check out the damage. They sent me harness straps, but the crotch buckle strap and the front pull strap (for strap tightness adjustment) are moldy too. Can I call and get replacements for those, or not because the buckle is bolted to the seat? Even if I can, there's mold in all the cracks and crevices under the pad, where the latch hooks stored on the basic (though this is the Recline and has external hook storage). Is there any point in trying to get this thing clean?

If not, well, I hate sceneras. I don't want to use this seat for long, and it expires anyway. I need a new seat, and I know what is most logical, but I don't think that's what I want to do.
Kids are:
6yo, unknown weight, unknown height (suppose I could measure him if need be). Skinny, average.
4yo, 33 lbs, 40"
(almost)2yo, 25 lbs, 34"

2yo is still RF, 4yo recently asked to turn back around but may or may not be serious, 6yo is starting to booster train on short trips.
6yo has been in a TF except when training, because he's likely over weight limit for the maestro harness. 4yo has been in maestro, switches with 6yo for training. 2yo has been in TF, now Scenera, though she rides FF in the TF occasionally.

I love having the TF in the 2nd row of the van so I can throw anybody in it if I need to go somewhere quickly, as they all fit.

So, do I try to clean my TF and call for crotch straps? Do I give up and buy something? If so, do I get a hbb for the 6yo, which he may not be ready for? Do I get a convertible for the 2 yo?
I was looking at the onside air, opinions?
wild fire child is offline   Reply With Quote