Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #71
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: a non-traditonal family here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
I am pretty traditional. I'm open to being the "hinge" in the V. I don't think DH would be very open to it though. I think it would be amazing to have that type of relationship. I've been friends with E for a few years and we dated a little, but nothing really got serious. He lives a couple hours away so I don't see him often. Then DH and I got married and had DD and E has been on the back burner. While we still talk from time to time I haven't seen him in at least a year.
It might happen in the future! You never know!

DH was jealous and wouldn't consider being poly or open for a long time. And now, here we all are.

ETA - - I should probably post my own non-traditional family story and pictures of DH & SO. People ask me about it all of the time.

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #72
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

I LOVE this thread. I was in a poly relationship with another woman and man (is that the right word, we were all together equally, but just the 3 of us) for a while before I met my fiance. That couple is now monogamous together, as are my fiance and I (and now we each have our own kids, so it's kinda all "settled"). But I could definitely have seen myself long term with them. My SO is in no way open to a third, and with him I wouldn't be either. It's interesting how those things go. But this thread is so great- there's so many ways to love, to be a family <3

Last edited by Keme; 05-30-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Keme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #73
jjgammon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was a lot more open when I was younger... I was in an odd sort of threesome in high school. It wasn't quite a complete threesome, but it was more than a V. I had a strong emotional relationship with both of them, and we had an intimate relationship that stopped just short of going all the way. She wanted a threesome but she was too jealous to share him with me. I loved him with all my heart. Heck, I still love him. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and my family as it is now, but if anything ever happened to my husband he would be the first person I turned to.

As I've gotten older I've become more religious. I don't think I could be in another threesome, but I could handle having a sister-wife In fact, I think I would like it.
My ISO/IHA thread
jjgammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #74
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

awwwww i *love* that you guys feel comfortable to sharing your experiences and such. you all have no idea how much it means to me and others to feel not alone on the forums.
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #75
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
awwwww i *love* that you guys feel comfortable to sharing your experiences and such. you all have no idea how much it means to me and others to feel not alone on the forums.

There's no way I could talk about things like this IRL. Everyone would look at me like I was some crazy person. I live in a relatively conservative town. As much as I'd like to be in a poly v, I don't think it will ever happen. I'm too afraid to even bring it up to DH. We've never talked about anything like this before.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote