Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #31
marthathecakelady's Avatar
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 954
Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

We had our appointment today!!!! We know what we are having...... it is killing me cause I can't tell the kids till DH gets home from work!! AUGH!!!!! LOL

Advertisement

__________________
Mama to 4 (10, 9, 5, 2) and Zack due Aug 1

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #32
jemilyon's Avatar
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 2,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady
We had our appointment today!!!! We know what we are having...... it is killing me cause I can't tell the kids till DH gets home from work!! AUGH!!!!! LOL
Well cant u tell us!?
__________________
Emily, wife to Jon and mama to Joshua (11/05), Gianna (5/10), and Isaiah!
Baby 4 coming in May!
jemilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
jemilyon's Avatar
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 2,157
Btw Dawn thanks for the reassurance. I know this little boy is exactly what our family needs! I trust God more than my fantasies of 2 dds close in age and matching dresses and tea parties!! Lol

Atm: i am WORN OUT! it was such a gorgeous day today that I decided to start my goal of walking to pick ds up from school. Well i swear the wind was blowing 15 mph and I was struggling straight into it the whole time!! I
Think it was a funny sight for cars passing:
Petite little pregnant mama shoving a stroller into the wind prying not to take flight!! Now cooking dinner (just chops brown rice and asparagus) and trying not to fall asleep on the stove!
__________________
Emily, wife to Jon and mama to Joshua (11/05), Gianna (5/10), and Isaiah!
Baby 4 coming in May!
jemilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #34
challmeyeralways's Avatar
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: central ca
Posts: 540
Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Oh.... I forgot that I bought Asparagus yesterday... MMmmm... I am gonna make some Jr's to go with dinner :-) Thanks jemilyon! (Sorry, that is what my kids call em... Too many veggie tales I think)

Oh goodness.... going boating and not getting any licorice are making me laugh so hard... I think my emotions are a little out of whack :-) SOOO FUNNY!

So... We decided to do a gender reveal cake for my sweet hunny (kids go to watch the baby on the screen). Next time I do this, I will take the advice of the cake lady... When using food coloring to make a cake a certain color, DONT USE YELLOW CAKE!!!!! I opted for the lazy mom's cake and went for what was in the cupboard... Yellow... not a big deal I figured, I will just add more food coloring... After a bottle and a half of blue food coloring, I STILL have a green cake. It is a REALLY pretty green though :-) Martha warned me that would happen... I just had to go and be lazy... Oh well... it tastes really yummy :-)

So the kids saw the little boy parts and started jumping up and down (IN the office) saying... "That is JUST what we have been praying for!!" Can I tell you that six kids jumping for joy and talking about prayers being answered causes heads to turn? WOW! They are SOOO excited!
__________________
Christina-
Loving wife to Daniel, Mama to Heather (10), Lizzie (9), Allie (9), Bekah (8), Steven (6), Jer (5), and Little Man
challmeyeralways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #35
MommyKeller0107's Avatar
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,666
Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Btw Dawn thanks for the reassurance. I know this little boy is exactly what our family needs! I trust God more than my fantasies of 2 dds close in age and matching dresses and tea parties!! Lol

Atm: i am WORN OUT! it was such a gorgeous day today that I decided to start my goal of walking to pick ds up from school. Well i swear the wind was blowing 15 mph and I was struggling straight into it the whole time!! I
Think it was a funny sight for cars passing:
Petite little pregnant mama shoving a stroller into the wind prying not to take flight!! Now cooking dinner (just chops brown rice and asparagus) and trying not to fall asleep on the stove!
That sounds like a great dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by challmeyeralways View Post
Oh.... I forgot that I bought Asparagus yesterday... MMmmm... I am gonna make some Jr's to go with dinner :-) Thanks jemilyon! (Sorry, that is what my kids call em... Too many veggie tales I think)

Oh goodness.... going boating and not getting any licorice are making me laugh so hard... I think my emotions are a little out of whack :-) SOOO FUNNY!

So... We decided to do a gender reveal cake for my sweet hunny (kids go to watch the baby on the screen). Next time I do this, I will take the advice of the cake lady... When using food coloring to make a cake a certain color, DONT USE YELLOW CAKE!!!!! I opted for the lazy mom's cake and went for what was in the cupboard... Yellow... not a big deal I figured, I will just add more food coloring... After a bottle and a half of blue food coloring, I STILL have a green cake. It is a REALLY pretty green though :-) Martha warned me that would happen... I just had to go and be lazy... Oh well... it tastes really yummy :-)

So the kids saw the little boy parts and started jumping up and down (IN the office) saying... "That is JUST what we have been praying for!!" Can I tell you that six kids jumping for joy and talking about prayers being answered causes heads to turn? WOW! They are SOOO excited!
Awwwwww. How awesome!! Congrats!
__________________
L0Ri K. MAMA T0
K (1/07) | L (09/10) | R (8/12)
& Due in Dec! ISO NB Stash!
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #36
jakeysmama's Avatar
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,117
Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Congrats on joining team blue Christina!

Martha, we are still waiting...
__________________
~Sarah, photog/SAHM to my little monkey 5.3.08 and peanut 8.1.12
jakeysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #37
jemilyon's Avatar
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 2,157
Yay christina!!! Love the story of the kids saying their prayers were answered!!
__________________
Emily, wife to Jon and mama to Joshua (11/05), Gianna (5/10), and Isaiah!
Baby 4 coming in May!
jemilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #38
s2grace's Avatar
s2grace
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Midwest US
Posts: 1,528
Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm View Post
Jessica. I know the feeling. Sometimes my DH is just really focused on where he is at the moment, and what he's doing. Text him that you DS is crying for him and when you'll have the phone in your hand, and then try to get through until he gets home. And then, once you've had a good hug and kiss and had some positive family play times so that DS can enjoy his dad... I'd discuss this experience, say that it's unacceptable, and how can you guys work together to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Of course, that's usually my plan in my head, but then my emotions often get the better of me. *sigh* Still... aim high, eh?

My DH is taking me to my midwife appointment which is 2 hours away - tomorrow. He is NOT happy with me considering a homebirth, so it's not going to be a fun drive. Sometimes they can be hard to handle, eh?
That's so me! I want to handle it by being mature, but then.. I get so MAD that I cannot look at him and my answers are short so he knows I'm ticked. even if I wanted to be different, it ALWAYS happens!
Jessica, glad he called. Hope it made it better and you'll be able to discuss it when he's back and things are calmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by challmeyeralways View Post
Oh.... I forgot that I bought Asparagus yesterday... MMmmm... I am gonna make some Jr's to go with dinner :-) Thanks jemilyon! (Sorry, that is what my kids call em... Too many veggie tales I think)

Oh goodness.... going boating and not getting any licorice are making me laugh so hard... I think my emotions are a little out of whack :-) SOOO FUNNY!

So... We decided to do a gender reveal cake for my sweet hunny (kids go to watch the baby on the screen). Next time I do this, I will take the advice of the cake lady... When using food coloring to make a cake a certain color, DONT USE YELLOW CAKE!!!!! I opted for the lazy mom's cake and went for what was in the cupboard... Yellow... not a big deal I figured, I will just add more food coloring... After a bottle and a half of blue food coloring, I STILL have a green cake. It is a REALLY pretty green though :-) Martha warned me that would happen... I just had to go and be lazy... Oh well... it tastes really yummy :-)

So the kids saw the little boy parts and started jumping up and down (IN the office) saying... "That is JUST what we have been praying for!!" Can I tell you that six kids jumping for joy and talking about prayers being answered causes heads to turn? WOW! They are SOOO excited!
My family is coming a week after our U/S and I wanted to do this, but my DH is right. They never get excited and I'd be so disappointed by their reactions so I'm not going to tell like that. Maybe for DD, she's so convinced it's a girl. Every night we say "who loves you more than anything?" and she says "daddy, mommy and graham" and now she adds her baby sister!!!!
__________________
Shannon- married to DH for seven years, mom to DD 6/10/08, DS 8/29/10 and Gabriella Marie (Ella), born on 7/5/12 with Trisomy 13 and in heaven with Jesus. And our rainbow- DS2 12/24/13
s2grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #39
Christina's Avatar
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 4,532
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Martha! You can't post that you know the sex and then leave us without even a little bit of a hint! I won't know for another 2 weeks so I need to live vicariously through all of you.

Asparagus! Did someone say asparagus!! My favorite veggie ever, I could eat it every single day. I picked some up at Costco the other day and was going to make some for dinner tonight until we had to go out. Oven roasted with a little kosher salt. Yum Yum!
__________________
Christina ~ Lovin' life with my wonderful DH and my 5 little munchkins. Maddie - 13, Sara - 10, Jack - 9, Lizzie - 4 and Anna 8/8/12
Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #40
jemilyon's Avatar
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 2,157
I love roasted veggies!!!!!
__________________
Emily, wife to Jon and mama to Joshua (11/05), Gianna (5/10), and Isaiah!
Baby 4 coming in May!
jemilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.