Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #31
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

We had our appointment today!!!! We know what we are having...... it is killing me cause I can't tell the kids till DH gets home from work!! AUGH!!!!! LOL

Advertisement

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #32
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady
We had our appointment today!!!! We know what we are having...... it is killing me cause I can't tell the kids till DH gets home from work!! AUGH!!!!! LOL
Well cant u tell us!?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Btw Dawn thanks for the reassurance. I know this little boy is exactly what our family needs! I trust God more than my fantasies of 2 dds close in age and matching dresses and tea parties!! Lol

Atm: i am WORN OUT! it was such a gorgeous day today that I decided to start my goal of walking to pick ds up from school. Well i swear the wind was blowing 15 mph and I was struggling straight into it the whole time!! I
Think it was a funny sight for cars passing:
Petite little pregnant mama shoving a stroller into the wind prying not to take flight!! Now cooking dinner (just chops brown rice and asparagus) and trying not to fall asleep on the stove!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #34
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh.... I forgot that I bought Asparagus yesterday... MMmmm... I am gonna make some Jr's to go with dinner :-) Thanks jemilyon! (Sorry, that is what my kids call em... Too many veggie tales I think)

Oh goodness.... going boating and not getting any licorice are making me laugh so hard... I think my emotions are a little out of whack :-) SOOO FUNNY!

So... We decided to do a gender reveal cake for my sweet hunny (kids go to watch the baby on the screen). Next time I do this, I will take the advice of the cake lady... When using food coloring to make a cake a certain color, DONT USE YELLOW CAKE!!!!! I opted for the lazy mom's cake and went for what was in the cupboard... Yellow... not a big deal I figured, I will just add more food coloring... After a bottle and a half of blue food coloring, I STILL have a green cake. It is a REALLY pretty green though :-) Martha warned me that would happen... I just had to go and be lazy... Oh well... it tastes really yummy :-)

So the kids saw the little boy parts and started jumping up and down (IN the office) saying... "That is JUST what we have been praying for!!" Can I tell you that six kids jumping for joy and talking about prayers being answered causes heads to turn? WOW! They are SOOO excited!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #35
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Btw Dawn thanks for the reassurance. I know this little boy is exactly what our family needs! I trust God more than my fantasies of 2 dds close in age and matching dresses and tea parties!! Lol

Atm: i am WORN OUT! it was such a gorgeous day today that I decided to start my goal of walking to pick ds up from school. Well i swear the wind was blowing 15 mph and I was struggling straight into it the whole time!! I
Think it was a funny sight for cars passing:
Petite little pregnant mama shoving a stroller into the wind prying not to take flight!! Now cooking dinner (just chops brown rice and asparagus) and trying not to fall asleep on the stove!
That sounds like a great dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by challmeyeralways View Post
Oh.... I forgot that I bought Asparagus yesterday... MMmmm... I am gonna make some Jr's to go with dinner :-) Thanks jemilyon! (Sorry, that is what my kids call em... Too many veggie tales I think)

Oh goodness.... going boating and not getting any licorice are making me laugh so hard... I think my emotions are a little out of whack :-) SOOO FUNNY!

So... We decided to do a gender reveal cake for my sweet hunny (kids go to watch the baby on the screen). Next time I do this, I will take the advice of the cake lady... When using food coloring to make a cake a certain color, DONT USE YELLOW CAKE!!!!! I opted for the lazy mom's cake and went for what was in the cupboard... Yellow... not a big deal I figured, I will just add more food coloring... After a bottle and a half of blue food coloring, I STILL have a green cake. It is a REALLY pretty green though :-) Martha warned me that would happen... I just had to go and be lazy... Oh well... it tastes really yummy :-)

So the kids saw the little boy parts and started jumping up and down (IN the office) saying... "That is JUST what we have been praying for!!" Can I tell you that six kids jumping for joy and talking about prayers being answered causes heads to turn? WOW! They are SOOO excited!
Awwwwww. How awesome!! Congrats!
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #36
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on joining team blue Christina!

Martha, we are still waiting...
Old 03-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #37
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay christina!!! Love the story of the kids saying their prayers were answered!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #38
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm View Post
Jessica. I know the feeling. Sometimes my DH is just really focused on where he is at the moment, and what he's doing. Text him that you DS is crying for him and when you'll have the phone in your hand, and then try to get through until he gets home. And then, once you've had a good hug and kiss and had some positive family play times so that DS can enjoy his dad... I'd discuss this experience, say that it's unacceptable, and how can you guys work together to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Of course, that's usually my plan in my head, but then my emotions often get the better of me. *sigh* Still... aim high, eh?

My DH is taking me to my midwife appointment which is 2 hours away - tomorrow. He is NOT happy with me considering a homebirth, so it's not going to be a fun drive. Sometimes they can be hard to handle, eh?
That's so me! I want to handle it by being mature, but then.. I get so MAD that I cannot look at him and my answers are short so he knows I'm ticked. even if I wanted to be different, it ALWAYS happens!
Jessica, glad he called. Hope it made it better and you'll be able to discuss it when he's back and things are calmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by challmeyeralways View Post

My family is coming a week after our U/S and I wanted to do this, but my DH is right. They never get excited and I'd be so disappointed by their reactions so I'm not going to tell like that. Maybe for DD, she's so convinced it's a girl. Every night we say "who loves you more than anything?" and she says "daddy, mommy and graham" and now she adds her baby sister!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #39
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Martha! You can't post that you know the sex and then leave us without even a little bit of a hint! I won't know for another 2 weeks so I need to live vicariously through all of you.

Asparagus! Did someone say asparagus!! My favorite veggie ever, I could eat it every single day. I picked some up at Costco the other day and was going to make some for dinner tonight until we had to go out. Oven roasted with a little kosher salt. Yum Yum!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #40
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love roasted veggies!!!!!