Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #11
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stand Up mixers

Oh and if you buy it at Bed Bath and Beyond you can use one of the coupons.

Advertisement

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #12
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andunc02 View Post
I actually don't have any of the attachments and just use the paddles. Most of my use comes from bread making and batter for baked goods. I would like to get the meat grinder but I don't know how practical it would be and my frivolous spending is on diapers right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
I have a 5qt artisan KitchenAid and I love it. I do make and bake regularly, especially around the holidays. The only attachment I REALLY want is the Fruit & Vegetable Strainer and a couple extra bowls. If I didn't already have a food processor I'd probably want the food processor attachments too. I think if you'll use it it's worth the investment. The KitchenAid I had before this one was from the 60s or 70s and still worked up until like three years ago.
That's awesome that it lasted so long. My kids are more of the sweet bakers here and they do use it so maybe I shouldn't complain. It needs to live on my counter though as it is to heavy to tuck away and drag out.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #13
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love my kitchen aid mixer. I have the 5qt lift model and use it almost every day. I had a smaller one years ago that my aunt still uses. I needed the bigger model as my family grew.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you buy your mixer at Costco, they will take it back/ refund you no questions asked if you hate it or something on it breaks. Of course, Bed Bath & Beyond will, too. Otherwise it can be a pain if you get a lemon. I purchased and returned the 6qt bowl lift Kitchenaid. I would like to try the tilting head models. HOWEVER, I determined that with our large family, I should splurge on a Bosch or an Ankarsrum.

TO MUDDY THE WATERS: Today at ALDI they have a stand mixer in black for $70. With extra attachments. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT- they will take it back if it isn't any good!!!

Happy shopping .
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #15
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've found Bosch to be one of those horrible overrated labels. I've never been happy with anything Bosch we've gotten, especially not for the price!

FWIW, We're a family of eight, if you include my daughter who lives about half an hour away for college but still comes for meals a few times a month. I also make a lot from scratch for meals as well as back a lot for bake sales and fire company events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
If you buy your mixer at Costco, they will take it back/ refund you no questions asked if you hate it or something on it breaks. Of course, Bed Bath & Beyond will, too. Otherwise it can be a pain if you get a lemon. I purchased and returned the 6qt bowl lift Kitchenaid. I would like to try the tilting head models. HOWEVER, I determined that with our large family, I should splurge on a Bosch or an Ankarsrum.

TO MUDDY THE WATERS: Today at ALDI they have a stand mixer in black for $70. With extra attachments. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT- they will take it back if it isn't any good!!!

Happy shopping .
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #16
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really plan to save for an Ankarsrum. For my bread, I need at lease a 6.5 qt bowl.

The main draw of the Bosch is that I can buy it at BB&B with a 20% off coupon, and the great return policy.

However, I think the Ankarsrum is a better mixer, and since I want a stainless bowl, it only ends up about $100 more than the Bosch w/ the stainless steel bowl + attachments.

Plus, the Bosch is ugly . And the Ankarsrum is really pretty. I will be leaving the beast on the counter, so pretty is a big bonus.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 AM   #17
ashbo0
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow thanks everyone! I do bake a lot with my kiddos and I always bake bread for spaghetti night. I used to make macarons until my hand mixer died...absolutely devastating. I'm also Filippino and make lumpia all the time, so I figured the mixer could be used to mix the meat mixture as well. I'll have to look into all of your suggestions bc I NEED a nice mixer!
ashbo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:41 AM   #18
JenLS
Registered Users
seller

I love my Kitchenaid (just plain white) but I don't have all of the attachments. I use it mainly for baking.
JenLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:15 AM   #19
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbo0 View Post
Wow thanks everyone! I do bake a lot with my kiddos and I always bake bread for spaghetti night. I used to make macarons until my hand mixer died...absolutely devastating. I'm also Filippino and make lumpia all the time, so I figured the mixer could be used to mix the meat mixture as well. I'll have to look into all of your suggestions bc I NEED a nice mixer!
Then it would be worth it for you to get some sort of stand mixer. What is lumpia? I've had Filippino food before and loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLS View Post
I love my Kitchenaid (just plain white) but I don't have all of the attachments. I use it mainly for baking.
I have a white one too. They sell decals for them. Some are cute but I like the simplicity of white too.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...e=1&p=17743706
Old 10-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #20
lilwoods2be
Registered Users
seller

Love my kitchenaid. They seriously last forever. I splurged and got one because dear friends had had theirs for 20+ years and it was still going strong. I don't use mine to its full potential but I'm getting better. Anything with baking- amazing. mashed potatoes - amazing. Anything where you need to let things mix for minutes at a time - amazing because you can walk away. My husband got me the normal beater attachment with a rubber scraper. I use it almost al the time unless i'm doing dough and need the bread hook. And last christmas I got the citrus juicer attachment. I now do so much more with fresh lemons than ever before. Worth it in my opinion because of its durability over decades. I've had mine 5 years now.
lilwoods2be is offline   Reply With Quote