Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #31
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: diaper cream NOT COCONUT OIL :)

A VERY thin layer of Bodreaux's All Natural Butt Paste is amazing. It has the staying power that you need, but will wash off (as long as you are using a thin layer not glopping it on) I agree, CO is nice but really more of a preventative thing because it doesn't really provide a protective barrier.

ETA -- > Do you know what is causing the rash? If it's by his pubic bone maybe he needs stay-dry or more breathable covers, like wool, fleece, or nylon covers, to keep his skin cooler/dryer.

Advertisement

Last edited by boysniris; 09-06-2013 at 07:40 AM.
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #32
EyeDocMommy
Registered Users
seller

I swear by aquaphor! I've never had issues using it with cloth :-)
EyeDocMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #33
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceworks View Post

Maybe try powder then? Could be heat rash - my baby gets it up there too and we just use powder (caldescene baby but there are other safe brands too)
Never thought to try powder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post

Ruh roh, that's what DS had when we used rockin green and the diapers weren't clean enough :-(. The only solution was chlorine bleach + tide.
I use tide right now. DD doesn't seem to have any issues at all though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
A VERY thin layer of Bodreaux's All Natural Butt Paste is amazing. It has the staying power that you need, but will wash off (as long as you are using a thin layer not glopping it on) I agree, CO is nice but really more of a preventative thing because it doesn't really provide a protective barrier.

ETA -- > Do you know what is causing the rash? If it's by his pubic bone maybe he needs stay-dry or more breathable covers, like wool, fleece, or nylon covers, to keep his skin cooler/dryer.
I honestly have no clue. He is 2 and he always gets it when in cloth. He was out for a while and now that he is back in cloth the rash has returned. When he fist got it I did every strip and detergent change under the sun. He doesn't get it at all in sposies. I have a few fleece liners I will see if that helps him. I ordered some cream, but may pick up some butt paste anyway and use it. I like that I can get it anywhere. I'm not the best at remembering to order before I run out. It's just such an odd rash.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #34
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all the help! I tried fleece liners, but they didn't seem to make a difference. I also don't like to deal with them when a #2 happens. I have been putting some homemade stuff on him and so far so good. I do like Grandma Els, but I don't want to keep spending money on it. Yes, I'm frugal, HA!
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #35
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

i like plain old lanolin for a barrier protection. it also neutralizes the urea that causes burning/rashes.i use it at night as preventative, and as needed for irritation (which is almos never). if it seems like a moisture issue, try a little powder to dry him up really well. Baby Gold Bond is awesome
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #36
BabyBuck1010
Registered Users
seller

I like my CA Baby. But I've used it more preventatively than I have to actually clear up an already established rash.
BabyBuck1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #37
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

On DS I used a little Johnson's cornstarch & zinc oxide powder and his skin cleared up beautifully. I used it at most changes, I would just put a little in his creases and around his boy bits. It kept him dry even though we were using cotton diapers.

ETA: And coconut oil doesn't do squat for anyone here either.

Last edited by alaskamum; 09-19-2013 at 09:15 PM.
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #38
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you thought about trying coconut oil?

(could.not.resist.)
Old 09-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #39
GrantsMommmy
Registered Users
seller

My son had major rash issues in sposies and cloth. I tried a lot of different things and what worked for us was cornstarch powder during the day to keep him dry and Medela lanolin at night as a barrier. Any time he started getting red, i'd use lanolin during the day and it would clear up fast. Now that's he's older (20 months) I just use lanolin at night. HTH

Coconut oil did nothing for him at all and I hate the feeling of it on my hands - I thought I was the only one
GrantsMommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #40
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantsMommmy
My son had major rash issues in sposies and cloth. I tried a lot of different things and what worked for us was cornstarch powder during the day to keep him dry and Medela lanolin at night as a barrier. Any time he started getting red, i'd use lanolin during the day and it would clear up fast. Now that's he's older (20 months) I just use lanolin at night. HTH

Coconut oil did nothing for him at all and I hate the feeling of it on my hands - I thought I was the only one
This! I've had the same rash on my son and never thought to use powder bc of all the baby classes saying its bad but it's just the talc that's no good so I used cornstarch coated on his bum to dry him out for the first few changes and then started regularly using it in a stray baby sock tied in a knot like a powder puff it sifts just enough when I pat his bum and then if he's red I put lanolin on at night as a barrier. So yea what pp said
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote