Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #41
Registered Users
Re: When (what age) did your lo adopt a lovey? And, did I jump the gun?

my DS is 20 mo and he has just recently, in the past few months, noticed and become attached to these sort of things. I have always had loveys, stuffed animals and baby dolls around- in fact, he has 2 diff loveys, 1 OBV and 1 animal head/satin blanket that I always keep on our bed with him and sometimes he hugs them, sometimes not. Recently, he has been grabbing different stuffed animals or babies to go to sleep, watch TV, wear in the sling, etc. There are some he likes more than others, but there isn't one certain one he can't live without. I like that he carries them around and kisses them and holds them to sleep of course, sometimes he does that with a wooden train, lacrosse stick and plastic mug, which isn't so cute or comfy for me

Jul, This used to be a great place
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #42
Registered Users
Re: When (what age) did your lo adopt a lovey? And, did I jump the gun?

I actually tried to get both mine to attach to something, anything! Neither of them would play ball though. DD1, who is 4, started LOVING stuffed animals around age 2. But it makes no difference which one, and it actually hurt MY feelings when she ditched the stuffie I picked out for her as the "chosen one." Monkey (the one I wanted her to attach to) sits in the bin, and she rotates a huge variety of other stuffies in her bed every night.

DD2, who is 23 months, has just started to attach to a few little dolls. She hasn't singled one out though, so I think she may be like DD1.

I think it's easier when they don't attach to a particular item, because then you don't live in constant fear that something will happen to it.
Megan wife of my soldier Steve, mama to my beautiful girls Rowan (11/07) and Linden (03/10)!
megenic is offline   Reply With Quote