Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
1sttimemom1203
Registered Users

New here!

I just wanted to stop in and say hi...I've been browsing in the diaper sections for awhile but recently joined this month.
I am due January 15 - he will be my first!
New to everything Mommy but especially cloth diapers. My whole family thinks I'm crazy for wanting to use them. Right now I'm thinking mostly fitteds and pre-folds and a few AIOs.
I've been very nervous about things going smoothly with the pregnancy and afraid to buy things too early so I'm probably a little behind now! I am 34 weeks now.

Advertisement

1sttimemom1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
Laurshar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New here!

Welcome! My DS has a birthday around then too
You are NOT crazy for wanting to go with prefolds and fitteds. I started my DS out in pockets and AIOs, but as time went by, I've pretty much limited my stash to prefolds, flats, and fitteds with wool.
Lauren, mama to C & D, owner of Triquetra. Currently TTC baby #3! My ISO/IHA
Laurshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:24 AM   #3
1sttimemom1203
Registered Users

Thank you! It's all so new and I have so much to learn. I'm having a hard time deciding how many NB sized to get and whether to try to get many with the umbilical snap down. I haven't gotten very far on non NB sized research yet...
Old 12-02-2014, 03:34 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

welcome and congratulations
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:48 AM   #5
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Welcome and congrats! If I were you I would look into a newborn diaper rental package so you can try a bunch of different diapers to see which style you like best before ordering ones to buy.

Maybe someone else can chime in as to where you could get a diaper rental package. (Ps they come to you brand new & you send the ones you don't like back). I know Meredith at gogonatural.com would most likely put a rental package together for you if you contact her from that site. She is a local diaper company about 1 mile from my home and is such a sweetheart.

Also if I could go back to when my 1st was born (she is now age 2 and I have a 5 month old as well) I would have spent more time researching breastfeeding than stressing about what to put on my baby's bum. Anyhoo hope any of this info helps you out & congrats again!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
1sttimemom1203
Registered Users

Thank you! I am doing lots of research on just about everything but that thought did occur to me - that I'm putting too much effort into just diapers! I will check out her website. I'm getting what I can that is well known as effective for good prices for NB size. hopefully to get me through the craziness at the beginning and then for the next size up I will really be starting the trial and error!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #7
mariahpoo
Registered Users

Congrats!
mariahpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Welcome

Sent from my SCH-I415 using DS Forum
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote