Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #1
Registered Users
Due Jan '16 and curious about timeline

As the subject says, I am due in Jan '16.

I'm wondering about 'standard timeline' of doing and buying stuff.

At what point would it be good to register, start actually purchasing items (I'm already researching), etc?

ErisTala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Due Jan '16 and curious about timeline

I don't really think there is any one answer as far as timeline goes.
Jamie: Kinda crunchy, very blessed SAHM to 6!
I love making a home for my man in uniform and my children.
Baby Girl arrived after SROM on 12/29/15!
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
Registered Users

You can make a baby registry as soon as you want, if you know of items you like, though there's not a huge rush, because most baby showers aren't until after you're 30+weeks. But I might caution about cloth diaper registries. . . most people (unless you have a lot of cloth diaper mom friends) won't buy you cloth diapers. Even when you say you are sure it's what you want. so start making a list of want you want now, and price points you're comfortable with, and saving up for those diapers now.
Dancingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
Registered Users

I'll agree with the previous comment that few people buy cloth diapers, even if that's what you want. In fact, most of what I got was, "Oh you said cloth diapers, so here you go" while they hand me something that was NOT on the registry and not at all what I wanted.

For buying cloth diapers, the best sales I found in the last 2 years were over Black Friday... so you have a couple months to figure out a few things and can buy some then.

Another thought that works out VERY well for many people is to just do a newborn cloth diaper trial program. I know that what I thought I would want, and what I actually ended up liking were VASTLY different. I was glad I didn't invest too much money going in, because I no longer use a lot of that stuff. A newborn trial program looked expensive to me, on the other side it doesn't look so expensive to have an opportunity to try many things without a huge financial commitment.
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote