Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2015, 09:05 PM   #61
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingham
I have found quite a bit of value here as well. And I'm baffled at how women can have 5,000+ posts and be taking care of multiple children (including babies and toddlers wearing cloth diapers that need washing all. the. time.). I usually end up being more long winded when typing out posts on a message board.
this is my 7,451 post but I've been here for 6 years

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #62
Dancingham
Registered Users

Re: wow....

Well, if I go at the same rate I was before (I have 40 posts now for being a member for 2 1/2 years), I'll still be under 150 posts in six years. :P But I'm hoping to stick with the cloth better this time around, and maybe that will cause me to post more (cause, I mean, why post on a cloth diapering group if you aren't using cloth diapers? . . .).
Dancingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:36 PM   #63
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingham View Post
Well, if I go at the same rate I was before (I have 40 posts now for being a member for 2 1/2 years), I'll still be under 150 posts in six years. :P But I'm hoping to stick with the cloth better this time around, and maybe that will cause me to post more (cause, I mean, why post on a cloth diapering group if you aren't using cloth diapers? . . .).
I was here for one child and I just lurked. I never posted a thing. I wasn't comfortable sharing anything.

I have 11084 posts now. In my defense I would like to point out that some of my posts are mod related.

Last edited by Agla; 07-30-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:37 PM   #64
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEkalmia View Post
So, if we are ranting about people coming to the DDC forum and "stealing" people away from DS to FB groups... what about the extreme prevalence of people promoting other FB groups on here? Seriously, I read a thread that went like this, "AHHHH Why is it so quiet here? FB groups are no fun, this is a great source of information, everyone should chat here!" The response was: "I have gotten great information from these 2 FB groups" and the OP says, "Cool! I will check them out!"

WHAT?!?!

Got a question about washing your cloth? Visit this FB group! Want to sell your super-rare exclusive print unicorn diaper? Go to this FB BST group! Want to just chat about cloth? Pick from this list of a million FB groups! Want to sew your own cloth? This is the best FB group for that! And people are promoting all of them, all the time, all over the boards here.

Is this any different? I never came to DS to be part of a DDC. I came here to learn about cloth diapers, and to buy and sell cloth diapers. Along the way I picked up babywearing and crafting also. But we have lots of members sending all of those people to FB groups. If I wanted to be in a FB group for that stuff, I certainly could. But I don't, that is why I am on DS.

And that's why I try to contribute to the community when I stop by. And that is why I EXTREMELY resent being told I am not "connected to the community" because I only stop by occasionally. I stop by when I can, okay? I try to contribute when I have time. And if that is not enough time for me to be "connected" then I guess I will keep my disconnected self away all the time. If quantity and frequency of posts is all that matters, well I certainly cannot do that so I may as well not spend my time trying.

I find this very discouraging as I have found value in the DS community and I had tried to contribute as I was able.
Seriously? I never said you were not connected to the community.
This is what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEkalmia View Post
Maybe. Or maybe there are people like me, who only pop into DS occasionally, no matter what. And who are not going to post very many personal details in a forum that is accessible by so many. And who are not ever going to post personal pictures, like baby bumps or ultrasounds on a forum. And who are reluctant to even pop into an forum DDC during the first trimester, because we aren't telling anyone else during the first trimester. For all of those reasons, and more, the DDC is never going to be my primary stop on DS when I am on the forums.

So I am a bit puzzled by the animosity. What you say may be true for some, but it certainly is not true for all. Facebook has no bearing on my activity, or lack thereof, on the DS DDC forum.
And then is was my response to it.
It was a general you- not you. And I meant that people who don't know the other member find it a lot easier to move to FB if they find it easier.
(See below)
But if you're not here often then you are not connected to the community. So again, a bunch of woman meet here then move to a platform that they like better.

And there is not animosity. It's all truth.
It's funny how I posted this like 2 months ago and nobody responded. Then today everyone is coming on from Facebook to defend moving to Facebook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never once said you were not part of the community. It's just a lot easier to leave and go to FB when you don't know the other members well.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:04 PM   #65
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

So sorry to let you down booty
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:07 PM   #66
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh yeah and my 50,000 posts are from a few years ago when we use to have a knitting daily chat here. It was crazy!

Also from my ddc groups I got a bunch of posts on our daily threads.

Then like booty...nursing time had been most of my post counts.

Oh yeah and being a host in the coops and swaps helped skyrocket.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #67
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Oh yeah and my 50,000 posts are from a few years ago when we use to have a knitting daily chat here. It was crazy!

Also from my ddc groups I got a bunch of posts on our daily threads.

Then like booty...nursing time had been most of my post counts.

Oh yeah and being a host in the coops and swaps helped skyrocket.
Any sort of dialogue thread bumps those post counts high!
Old 07-31-2015, 07:33 AM   #68
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
Seriously? I never said you were not connected to the community.
This is what I said.

And then is was my response to it.
It was a general you- not you. And I meant that people who don't know the other member find it a lot easier to move to FB if they find it easier.
(See below)
But if you're not here often then you are not connected to the community. So again, a bunch of woman meet here then move to a platform that they like better.

Yup, you said what I said you said. Looks like we agree on that. Guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the interpretation. I thought it was rude. You think it was fine. We obviously are not going to change each other's minds about that.

Your statement obviously was directed toward me and applied to me, whether "you" was intended to mean me specifically or was used as a general term. If I fit the criteria (in this case, "not here often") then the conclusion is meant to apply to me as well ("then you are not connected to the community").
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote