Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Breastfeeding & Facebook...

Really? Now I'm a mother that very much supports breastfeeding, and even breastfeeding in public, I think it's wonderful! I did it! BUT I just have to say that there are limits! I completely agree with FB for removing photos that don't meet their terms. They aren't removing ALL photos but just photos where a full breast is exposed. I don't see that as a so called "threat against breastfeeding". Gesh! If they allowed that then what could keep others from posting any other sort of nude pictures that are "natural". Kwim?!

Full story:
http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-m...cebook-issues/

Clip:
In light of the Facebook protests that took place around the globe today, Facebook has just reiterated its Statement of Rights and Responsibilities around photos that depict breastfeeding mums. Facebook says it agrees that breastfeeding is “natural” and that the majority of such photos posted on the site are “compliant”, but said it will remove “some photos” that “contain a fully exposed breast”.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breastfeeding & Facebook...

somebody has got to draw a line somewhere. if a person really has a problem, why use the site? no one is forcing (general) you on to facebook or forcing you to post breastfeeding pics. can you not support breastfeeding without posting full on breast shots?
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
NikiG
Registered Users
seller

I think breastfeeding is wonderful, natural and I plan on doing it everywhere but I wouldn't post a full on pic of my boob under ANY circumstances on FB. It doesn't make me ashamed of BF.
NikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have posted modest breastfeeding epics before on fb. I see nothing wrong with a tasteful picture that not revealing. I agree with fb's choice. No one in facebook needs to see my full breast... nursing or not.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Crew&West
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiG View Post
I think breastfeeding is wonderful, natural and I plan on doing it everywhere but I wouldn't post a full on pic of my boob under ANY circumstances on FB. It doesn't make me ashamed of BF.
I just read this and thought Gosh! I wouldn't want my "friends" to see my boobs! Yikes! Ofcourse after two kids they probably don't look like boobs anymore anyway!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
tiners17
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Agreed! Breastfeeding is good, breasts all over, not good! lol. FB is getting ridiculous anyway, I am ready to go Google+ all the way but my family still wants to see pics of my girls on FB as they are all over the country.
Tina : mama to two wonderful little girls and starting my new WAHM business, Sweet Little Blossoms! Sweet little flowers for hair, purse, hat/beanie, outfit, where ever you need a flower to brighten your day! Featuring Tessa Ann buttons to match your wool! Customs open here.

My ISO/IHA.
tiners17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Crew&West
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiners17 View Post
Agreed! Breastfeeding is good, breasts all over, not good! lol. FB is getting ridiculous anyway, I am ready to go Google+ all the way but my family still wants to see pics of my girls on FB as they are all over the country.
I feel the same way. I'm really over FB. It used to be fun, but now it's just boring and dumb. I've thought about closing my account and I just send pics via Snapfish through email for family to see.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

they have removed TONS of breastfeeding pictures and shut down pages where nothing is exposed, but FB doesn't do anything about the teens/young adults posting pics of them hanging out of their bras. I am sick of the hang-up about boobs anyway
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:

facebook has removed a ton of breastfeeding photos where all you can see is about a 1/2 inch of skin BUT they have left up groups which have photos of completely NAKED women or women showing everything but nipples. That is the difference! If they are going to "follow" their own rules then they need to apply them equally to everyone. They are removing only breastfeeding photos and leaving ****ographic photos up.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Agreed with PP. I had a friend who's professional bf pics were taken down and her account deleted. There was nothing shown at all. You couldn't even see her boob. But there are some I agree where I can see areola, and those should be taken down, as should any that are revealing ****ographic. I personally won't put up bf pics on facebook, as I see that as a private thing, but I don't care if other people do.